WIDE mtb shoes?

I wear a size 12 4E, and the only shoes I've found that fit are the ones by
specialized. They work sooooo well for me. They're the only ones I can get
on my feet to be honest.
news:[email protected]...

On Apr 7, 1:40 pm, Woland99 <[email protected]> wrote:
> I use mtb shoes and pedals on my road bike - Shimano M-31. They work
> OK for shorter
> rides (< 20 miles) but after that I start getting numbness in the
> outer parts of my feet,
> They do not feel very tight so I still hope to break them in - or at
> least use them for MTB.
> But I need something I can use for 40-50 miles ride. Any suggestions?

I got my SIDI Bullet2 Mega (wide) couple days ago. They are GREAT.
Well made - look like they will be easy to break in. Very comfy and
very well ventilated. Off the bike they seem to be slippery inside
but on the bike they feel more efficient than my previous shoes -
Shimano M31. A bit on expensive side ($160) but will probably last
few years. I took them for 30 mile spin yesterday and had no numbness
problem whatsoever.

LAKE shoes make a wide model

news:[email protected]...

On Apr 14, 9:37 am, "Ralph" <[email protected]> wrote:
> LAKE shoes make a wide model
>
> "Woland99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Apr 7, 1:40 pm, Woland99 <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I use mtb shoes and pedals on my road bike - Shimano M-31. They work
> >> OK for shorter
> >> rides (< 20 miles) but after that I start getting numbness in the
> >> outer parts of my feet,
> >> They do not feel very tight so I still hope to break them in - or at
> >> least use them for MTB.
> >> But I need something I can use for 40-50 miles ride. Any suggestions?

> > I got my SIDI Bullet2 Mega (wide) couple days ago. They are GREAT.
> > Well made - look like they will be easy to break in. Very comfy and
> > very well ventilated. Off the bike they seem to be slippery inside
> > but on the bike they feel more efficient than my previous shoes -
> > Shimano M31. A bit on expensive side ($160) but will probably last
> > few years. I took them for 30 mile spin yesterday and had no numbness
> > problem whatsoever.

Thanks for the suggestion - will try to find them locally.
Some of the models on their website:
http://www.lakecycling.com
have a nice Vibram soles which for MTB shoes is definitely
preferable to that hard plastic as on SIDI - I would not want
to dismount in the middle of the rought rocky trail wearing SIDIs.
But for the road for now I will stay with SIDIs.