Wide Road Shoes

dgarry

New Member
Jan 17, 2005
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any road shoes that are good for wide feet.. The only shoes I've tried so far that were a good fit were the Sidi but they're so bloody expensive.. On a side note does anyone know of any cycling shops around Melbourne that currently have good sales on road shoes??

dgarry wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone can recommend any road shoes that are good for
> wide feet.. The only shoes I've tried so far that were a good fit were
> the Sidi but they're so bloody expensive.. On a side note does anyone
> know of any cycling shops around Melbourne that currently have good
> sales on road shoes??
>

> --
> dgarry

So Specialized make road shoes? I have wide feet and a pair of their
MTB shoes....great fit.

Rob

RobWoozle said:
So Specialized make road shoes? I have wide feet and a pair of their
MTB shoes....great fit.

Rob

I'd agree. always had problems with italian shoes. they must all have long skinny feet or summat. bit like their cars all legs and no torso, but i digress, the US brnads 'generally' tend to be wider...

FD

dgarry said:
On a side note does anyone know of any cycling shops around Melbourne that currently have good sales on road shoes??
Spoken have a sale with 30% off Diadora and Pearl Izumi at the moment.

flyingdutch said:
I'd agree. always had problems with italian shoes. they must all have long skinny feet or summat. bit like their cars all legs and no torso, but i digress, the US brnads 'generally' tend to be wider...

FD
only wide fitting I could get (needed at least EE to EEE) was a tri sho ( Shimano TR01/02s Carbon sole and very light but still costly-ish depending on store price range $220-260) single reverse flap (which I trimmed on the drive side to stop flapping into the chain), so have to compromise till my feet get smaller or the bank account gets bigger...and yeah SIDIs price is a woozy...check out UNO at Elwood or Chelsea, from time to time they get some weird shoes on special that might just deliver for you :)

rooman said:
only wide fitting I could get (needed at least EE to EEE) was a tri sho ( Shimano TR01/02s Carbon sole and very light but still costly-ish depending on store price range $220-260) single reverse flap (which I trimmed on the drive side to stop flapping into the chain), so have to compromise till my feet get smaller or the bank account gets bigger...and yeah SIDIs price is a woozy...check out UNO at Elwood or Chelsea, from time to time they get some weird shoes on special that might just deliver for you :)
I think that the new Nike Poggio 3's would fit well, I know a guy who was in the same position and got these and they are good for him. Try SBR on Punt Road.

Sidi Mega. Available both as road and MTB shoe. Buy them off eBay if you
know your size - it's considerably cheaper than Oz retail...

Nick

news:[email protected]...

dgarry said:
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any road shoes that are good for wide feet.. The only shoes I've tried so far that were a good fit were the Sidi but they're so bloody expensive.. On a side note does anyone know of any cycling shops around Melbourne that currently have good sales on road shoes??
My mum has very wide feet (EEEE I think) and uses some cheap(ish) Shimano shoes. Work nicely.

"flyingdutch" wrote:

> I'd agree. always had problems with italian shoes. they must all have
> long skinny feet or summat. bit like their cars all legs and no torso,

Yes, ans Shimano seem to follow an Italian last with their shoes. My
Italo-Australian feet love them. Buying cycling shoes is about the only type
of footwear that I don't find myself 'swimming' while I walk.

Shoes designed for 'Australian feet' indeed! Not all of us have a camel's
pad for lumps of meat.

Cheers
Peter

SomeGuy said:
My mum has very wide feet (EEEE I think) and uses some cheap(ish) Shimano shoes. Work nicely.

EEEE? I just bought a pair of RM WIlliams 'lastic sided boots - they are H width!!

I assume that is wider than EEEE

And yep, I can't fit into most narrow lasted Italian cycling shoes.

SteveA

dgarry said:
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any road shoes that are good for wide feet.. The only shoes I've tried so far that were a good fit were the Sidi but they're so bloody expensive.. On a side note does anyone know of any cycling shops around Melbourne that currently have good sales on road shoes??

Shimano TR-01

rooman wrote:

> ( Shimano TR01/02s Carbon sole and very light but still costly-ish
> depending on store price range $220-260) single reverse flap (which I
> trimmed on the drive side to stop flapping into the chain), so have to
> compromise till my feet get smaller or the bank account gets
> bigger...and yeah SIDIs price is a woozy...check out UNO at Elwood or
> Chelsea, from time to time they get some weird shoes on special that
> might just deliver for you :)

This price range never seems to be a problem for some ladies when
buying foot wear? ;P

In article <[email protected]>, Peter Signorini
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Shoes designed for 'Australian feet' indeed! Not all of us have a camel's
> pad for lumps of meat.

Plates! Plates of meat!

--
Sara

iChat: sarakirk (AIM)
So, what are you going to do? Sucker me to death?

Sara Kirk wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Peter Signorini
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Shoes designed for 'Australian feet' indeed! Not all of us have a camel's
>>pad for lumps of meat.

> Plates! Plates of meat!

Not words I thought to hear from you Sa

Jay Woo wrote:

> rooman wrote:
>
> > ( Shimano TR01/02s Carbon sole and very light but still costly-ish
> > depending on store price range $220-260) single reverse flap (which I
> > trimmed on the drive side to stop flapping into the chain), so have to
> > compromise till my feet get smaller or the bank account gets
> > bigger...and yeah SIDIs price is a woozy...check out UNO at Elwood or
> > Chelsea, from time to time they get some weird shoes on special that
> > might just deliver for you :)

> This price range never seems to be a problem for some ladies when
> buying foot wear? ;P

My mates were so impressed when they heard I had taken a (previous)
boyfriend shoe shopping, and we spent hours in the shop trying on shoes,
and I bought a $160 pair, and he bought a $170 pair... I went on to tell
them how the salespeople were awesome and let me do 5km on a treadmill
in them as well as run around the shopping centre... suddenly my friends
were not so impressed.

Tam *never got those top-of-the-line shoes her bike shop offered, enjoys
her Sidis, and the Time Elans she picked up for really cheap... it's
good having small feet.

In article <[email protected]>, dave
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Sara Kirk wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, Peter Signorini
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >>Shoes designed for 'Australian feet' indeed! Not all of us have a camel's
> >>pad for lumps of meat.

> > Plates! Plates of meat!
> >

> Not words I thought to hear from you Sa

Just sorting out the rhyming slang dearie. Not going to start eating
the stuff.

Sara wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, dave
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Sara Kirk wrote:

>>>Plates! Plates of meat!
>>>

>>Not words I thought to hear from you Sa

> Just sorting out the rhyming slang dearie. Not going to start eating
> the stuff.

Good

More for me
:)