Wide Shoes and Pedals

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dario Wolfish, May 15, 2003.

  1. Well, now that I bought my new Trek 5200 road bike, I need to pick out shoes and pedals. I have
    large and very wide feet. (13 5E)

    I mainly want to ride distance and expect to do a lot of climbing.

    While, I do not want the cheapest available, I also don't want to spend a grand on pedals and
    shoes either.

    Sooooooooooooooo, what shoes and what pedals do you folks suggest? Email me or post your
    suggestions here.

    I again thank you all for all of your help in picking out my bike.

    Dario

    Tags:

  2. Joel Solomon

    Joel Solomon Guest

    Sidi makes "mega" shoes for wide feet. They have worked fine for my EEs. Despite having a road bike,
    I bought Dominators to make walking around easier. I have Bebop pedals and like them. I would also
    consider Speedplays.

    Joel Solomon

  3. Baltobernie

    Baltobernie Guest

    I would not recommend Speedplay for large (and particularly, wide) feet. Their contact area is too
    small for my 11½ 2E. I like Look and Carnac LeMond, and I had a shop in Philly fit me for the
    Peterson insoles. I once saw a posting for a small company that makes custom bike shoes; perhaps
    someone in this NG will remember it.

    Bernie

    Joel Solomon <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sidi makes "mega" shoes for wide feet. They have worked fine for my EEs. Despite having a road
    > bike, I bought Dominators to make walking around
    easier.
    > I have Bebop pedals and like them. I would also consider Speedplays.
    >
    > Joel Solomon

  4. nospam

    nospam Guest

    > and pedals. I have large and very wide feet. (13 5E)

    Man, those aren't feet, they're flippers! Go hit the pool and go swimming! ;-) Hope you find
    shoes that fit.

  5. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    > > and pedals. I have large and very wide feet. (13 5E)
    >
    > Man, those aren't feet, they're flippers! Go hit the pool and go swimming! ;-) Hope you find shoes
    > that fit.

    Missed the OP but I have EE-EEE feet and the SIDI normal widths work well for me, the "Wide"
    versions too much so except for winter use. Perhaps they'd work for the OP.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]