Wide Shoes and Pedals

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dario Wolfish

Well, now that I bought my new Trek 5200 road bike, I need to pick out shoes and pedals. I have
large and very wide feet. (13 5E)

I mainly want to ride distance and expect to do a lot of climbing.

While, I do not want the cheapest available, I also don't want to spend a grand on pedals and
shoes either.

Sooooooooooooooo, what shoes and what pedals do you folks suggest? Email me or post your
suggestions here.

I again thank you all for all of your help in picking out my bike.

Dario

Sidi makes "mega" shoes for wide feet. They have worked fine for my EEs. Despite having a road bike,
I bought Dominators to make walking around easier. I have Bebop pedals and like them. I would also
consider Speedplays.

Joel Solomon

I would not recommend Speedplay for large (and particularly, wide) feet. Their contact area is too
small for my 11½ 2E. I like Look and Carnac LeMond, and I had a shop in Philly fit me for the
Peterson insoles. I once saw a posting for a small company that makes custom bike shoes; perhaps
someone in this NG will remember it.

Bernie

Joel Solomon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sidi makes "mega" shoes for wide feet. They have worked fine for my EEs. Despite having a road
> bike, I bought Dominators to make walking around
easier.
> I have Bebop pedals and like them. I would also consider Speedplays.
>
> Joel Solomon

> and pedals. I have large and very wide feet. (13 5E)

Man, those aren't feet, they're flippers! Go hit the pool and go swimming! ;-) Hope you find
shoes that fit.

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > and pedals. I have large and very wide feet. (13 5E)
>
> Man, those aren't feet, they're flippers! Go hit the pool and go swimming! ;-) Hope you find shoes
> that fit.
>
>

Missed the OP but I have EE-EEE feet and the SIDI normal widths work well for me, the "Wide"
versions too much so except for winter use. Perhaps they'd work for the OP.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.