Wide Shoes?

Mity Mouse

Apr 8, 2004
Anyone know of any wide sized shoes, other than Sidi Genius Mega? :confused:

I'd like to find something closer to about $100 (or less if possible) due to a limited budget.

Also, any good online sources/prices?

Thanx in advance for any help.
MM
:)

Euhm, Sidi is know to me as a "narrow" shoe. It isn't very wide.
If you like wide shoes than I suggest you buy a pair of Northwave's. Northwave shoes are REALLY wide and I love them (currently riding Aerators).

my northwaves sqeezez my feets ,,. but i can handle it.,. =) .,. sry for bad english.,. ;)

Try Carnac, they have pretty much the 'roomiest' toebox I've tried.

Shimano models have decent girth too. Just make sure you check the width for the '04 models as it seems that they come in 2 widths.

Originally posted by Mity Mouse
Anyone know of any wide sized shoes, other than Sidi Genius Mega? :confused:

I'd like to find something closer to about $100 (or less if possible) due to a limited budget.

Also, any good online sources/prices?

Thanx in advance for any help.
MM
:)

I too have been looking high and low for a wide shoe. Just after I purchased a pair of Sidi Genius Mega I found out that Shimano make a REALLY cool looking shoe with a wide option (pic below) and CARBON sole. It is the Shimano R151 Wide and is usually about US$170. Still not cheap but Shimano do make good shoes and try and find another carbon shoe at this price.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Well, the bike is a Bianchi, with all Campy - So Shimano shoes just wouldn't be right. ;)

Well, Sidi's are Italian - looks like I have no choice!:rolleyes:

Does anyone have experience with Lake MX 101 X shoes (wides sizes) and can tell me how their sizes run (especially for sizes 48 or 50)? I usually wear size 13 EE for casual shoes (LL Bean etc.) respectively 13 EEE for dress shoes (Allen Edmonds etc.).