Widest 650c tires?

andy

Guest
It sounds like a wierd request to many I'm sure, but my wife's bike has 650c
wheels and I am looking for the widest tires available for everyday use,
added comfort, etc. I enjoy my 700x25c and 28c on my road bike. Most 650c
tires are max 23c which is comfy for her but would like to find 25c if
available to try out.
TIA.
Andy

It has removed 1237 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

andy wrote:
> It sounds like a wierd request to many I'm sure, but my wife's bike has 650c
> wheels and I am looking for the widest tires available for everyday use,
> added comfort, etc. I enjoy my 700x25c and 28c on my road bike. Most 650c
> tires are max 23c which is comfy for her but would like to find 25c if
> available to try out.

The Terry Tellus is 650c x 28

http://tinyurl.com/2eoayt

I am not aware of any 650c x25. Anyone?

andy wrote:
> It sounds like a wierd request to many I'm sure, but my wife's bike has 650c
> wheels and I am looking for the widest tires available for everyday use,
> added comfort, etc. I enjoy my 700x25c and 28c on my road bike. Most 650c
> tires are max 23c which is comfy for her but would like to find 25c if
> available to try out.

There's now an IRC 650-28 which is pretty widely available. Here or any
bike shop.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> andy wrote:
>> It sounds like a wierd request to many I'm sure, but my wife's bike has
>> 650c wheels and I am looking for the widest tires available for everyday
>> use, added comfort, etc. I enjoy my 700x25c and 28c on my road bike.
>> Most 650c tires are max 23c which is comfy for her but would like to find
>> 25c if available to try out.

> There's now an IRC 650-28 which is pretty widely available. Here or any
> bike shop.
>
> --

When ya all say "650C," I presume you mean 571mm (used by triathletes) and
not the 650A (590mm, used on British 3-speed bikes) or 650B (584mm, french
touring and size currently being revised by Rivendell).

Also, when and what model "650" tire did IRC come out with? Thanks!

bfd wrote:
> When ya all say "650C," I presume you mean 571mm (used by triathletes) and
> not the 650A (590mm, used on British 3-speed bikes) or 650B (584mm, french
> touring and size currently being revised by Rivendell).
> Also, when and what model "650" tire did IRC come out with? Thanks!

IRC has a Thai 650C-28, 571-28, only available with "Terry" label.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks for the help guys, looks like many on-line stores are carrying the
Terrys. Thanks again,
Andy
"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> I <[email protected]> wrote
>>> There's now an IRC 650-28 which is pretty widely available. Here or any
>>> bike shop.

> bfd wrote:
>> When ya all say "650C," I presume you mean 571mm (used by triathletes)
>> and not the 650A (590mm, used on British 3-speed bikes) or 650B (584mm,
>> french touring and size currently being revised by Rivendell).
>> Also, when and what model "650" tire did IRC come out with? Thanks!

> IRC has a Thai 650C-28, 571-28, only available with "Terry" label.
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> www.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

It has removed 1242 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!