widest 650x23 tires?

andy

Guest
I asked a while back about the widest 650c tires available and you guys
suggested the Terry Tellius. I picked a couple up and like the look of them.
The problem is that one won't fit on the front due to the clearance on my
wife's Reynolds Aero Pro fork. Now I am looking for the widest 23mm 650c
tire available. My Michelin 700x25mm tires are actually a little wider than
25mm. Is that the case w/ their 650x23mm tires, does anyone know? Or can
someone suggest another tire?
I can't find any 'labelled' between 23mm and the Tellius 28mm.
TIA.
Andy

It has removed 1421 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

In article <[email protected]>,
"andy" <trifox13atcovaddotnet> wrote:

> I asked a while back about the widest 650c tires available and you guys
> suggested the Terry Tellius. I picked a couple up and like the look of them.
> The problem is that one won't fit on the front due to the clearance on my
> wife's Reynolds Aero Pro fork. Now I am looking for the widest 23mm 650c
> tire available. My Michelin 700x25mm tires are actually a little wider than
> 25mm. Is that the case w/ their 650x23mm tires, does anyone know? Or can
> someone suggest another tire?
> I can't find any 'labelled' between 23mm and the Tellius 28mm.
> TIA.
> Andy

I'd suggest that questing after the widest 23mm tire is a mug's game.
The differences in width and comfort levels will likely be relatively
small, and if any 23mm tire was seriously cheating on its measurements,
it sounds like it might not fit.

However, the quest for the widest tire of a specified width does inspire
me. I can't help you with that, but I can offer you the longest yard:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398165/

andy wrote:

> I asked a while back about the widest 650c tires available and you guys
> suggested the Terry Tellius. I picked a couple up and like the look of them.
> The problem is that one won't fit on the front due to the clearance on my
> wife's Reynolds Aero Pro fork.

Why don't you ditch the stupid ISO 571 rims, replace them with skinny
559 rims, and see if you don't buy enough room for the excellent 26 x
1.25" Panaracer Pasela? You'll probably even be able to use the same
brakes, since the difference is all of 6mm on the radius.

Your LBS would probably put a 26 x 1.25" tire on a rim and let you
compare its diameter to what you have now.

Chalo

Chalo wrote:
> Why don't you ditch the stupid ISO 571 rims, replace them with skinny
> 559 rims, and see if you don't buy enough room for the excellent 26 x
> 1.25" Panaracer Pasela? You'll probably even be able to use the same
> brakes, since the difference is all of 6mm on the radius.
> Your LBS would probably put a 26 x 1.25" tire on a rim and let you
> compare its diameter to what you have now.

That's excellent advice.
Not only is the Pasela a great product but you'll have a wealth of other
choices in 559 that you'll never find in 571.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org