Widest SPD MTB shoes?

Rocketman58

Guest
What are the widest performance oriented SPD mountainbike shoes? I have a size 8EEE foot. I am using
Time ATAC pedals.

Thanks for any suggestions...

rocketman58 wrote:
> What are the widest performance oriented SPD mountainbike shoes? I have a size 8EEE foot. I am
> using Time ATAC pedals.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions...

I don't know if it's EEE, but some wide shoes I've tried for my wide
10.5/11 feet are:

Specialized Sport Mountain (have some from a few model years back that fit well, size 45 (european),
though 44.5 would be just right for me, current models seem to have the same sizing and shape when I
tried them this week)

Diadora Geko (just bought these yesterday at Performance so I could keep a pair of shoes and a bike
at work too, they fit very comparably to the Specialized shoes I already have, slightly less round
in the toe area, but where the width counts, it's comfy)

Lake MX101 Wide - I returned these because they were a little big/long (I guess Lakes run a little
longer than others--I really needed 44.5 on these rather than the usualy 46). They have other wide
width models too.

Cannondale Clogs - they look very wide from the pictures (see www.nashbar.com), but I didn't get
them because the Speedplay pedal compatibility guide said they didn't work well with Frogs because
the toe box was TOO WIDE and caused interference when trying to disengage the pedal. Maybe
Cannondale makes their shoes for us Clydesdales? :)

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitimate replies.

In article <[email protected]>, rocketman58
<[email protected]> wrote:

> What are the widest performance oriented SPD mountainbike shoes? I have a size 8EEE foot. I am
> using Time ATAC pedals.

The Lake Xtreme shoes are the widest I've ever found, a bit wider than the Sidi Mega Dominators.

-Carl

If your budget allows there is always custom shoes:

http://www.rocket7.com/

rocketman58 wrote:
> What are the widest performance oriented SPD mountainbike shoes? I have a size 8EEE foot. I am
> using Time ATAC pedals.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions...

> > What are the widest performance oriented SPD mountainbike shoes? I have a size 8EEE foot.

I have an 8.5 EEE

> The Lake Xtreme shoes are the widest I've ever found, a bit wider than the Sidi Mega Dominators.

I didn't even look at the Sidi because of cost. I went with the Lake Xtreme MX-201's. They are
supposed to be like an E or EE, so I can't tighten then TOO tight, but tight enough. The longer I
wear them (been 6 months) the better they feel, of course. I have never owned any other bike shoe so
can't compare. GeoB

Carl <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<020920030928499203%[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, rocketman58
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > What are the widest performance oriented SPD mountainbike shoes? I have a size 8EEE foot. I am
> > using Time ATAC pedals.
>
> The Lake Xtreme shoes are the widest I've ever found, a bit wider than the Sidi Mega Dominators.
>
> -Carl

Thanks for the tips (everyone). I was eyeing a pair of the Etreme's on line, I think I will place
the order today!

Rocketman58