wieght training and cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
swampy1970 said:
So, lets recap... In the years that Lance has 'been doing weights' he's not done as well as he did previously and this is supposed to tempt us to start doing weights how?

Sorry, Carmichael had Lance lifting/doing core work way back in the day.

Wrong again troll.

fergie said:
If you had an original viewpoint. The results of a Google Search are not.

Troll.

:D

Not the viewpoint of a Google Search, but the horses mouth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fDwD655ch4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Chris Hoy's Training - Chris Peacock[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLhrSlA4r8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - miCoach: Victoria Pendleton, UK Track Cycling Olympic Winner[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbVW_kRPJs]YouTube - Anna Meares squats![/ame]

Chapeau! said:
Wrong again troll.

Ha ha a troll calling us trolls. Is that the best you can do? Good thing the real information on training cyclists isn't directly accessible from a Google search.

At least we ride bikes.

Armchair troll.

fergie said:
Ha ha a troll calling us trolls. Is that the best you can do? Good thing the real information on training cyclists isn't directly accessible from a Google search.

At least we ride bikes.

Armchair troll.

Just going on the success of the very best fergs.

20070326_PENDLETON_VICTORIA_01.JPG

LanceLifting.jpg

Chapeau! said:
Not the viewpoint of a Google Search, but the horses mouth.

Ha ha again you have conclusively proved what no one was disputing.

Is that all you got???

Gee wish I could say to people: well your going to do these intervals today because I saw this clip on Youtube and a Google search suggests them.

:D:D:D

Nothing more than an observer with anecdotes and access to Google search.

ABC, OBC, and GBC.

You too could be a coach in this person's stable...he'll pump you out a certificate in no time...:D

fergie said:
Gee wish I could say to people: well your going to do these intervals today because I saw this clip on Youtube and a Google search suggests them.

They are the sports leaders in there primes, so its only natural.

Chapeau! said:
They are the sports leaders in there primes, so its natural.

How do you know?

Perhaps they are only at 85% of their capacity. Was Hoy at his capacity in Athens? He certainly has improved between then and Beijing.

But in truth you only think you know because of what you see from a Google Search.

Jason Queally (2000 Olympic Kilo Champion) stopped doing weight training and remained a valuable member of the British Team.

We all ride bikes, and some of us actually coach people, and some of us study or conduct research which tests the preconceived notions people have about cycling and training.

And some learn from Google:rolleyes:

Chapeau! said:
I only learn from the best fergs.

Yes he did so well in the Tour this year. Those retirement weight training sessions really paid off big time. Wasn't he going to use all that squatting strength to pound puny little Contador over the cobbles in stage 3??? :D

Now of course if all Lance did was squats and no other form of exercise then you may have an argument but a one off photo from Google search, not like you took the photo yourself, just goes to show how little you understand about how real cyclists train.

Chapeau! said:
I only learn from the best fergs.

well then it's plainly evident the 'best' doesn't know the difference between; your and you're, the definitions of strength, force, power, stimulation, adaptation, neural, or interfere!

Again I have to ask, is English your native language?

quenya said:
well then it's plainly evident the 'best' doesn't know the difference between; your and you're, the definitions of strength, force, power, stimulation, adaptation, neural, or interfere!

Again I have to ask, is English your native language?

Also his understanding of the best is pretty limited.

I have worked with World Champions, UCI Elite Top 10 ranked riders and met and spoken with many other Pro Tour and World Champion Cyclist's and the majority have no real understanding of why they are as good as they are. A lot of high performance coaches have no real understanding of why they use the training methods they use.

Goes to show that their is more to success in cycling than the way one trains.

Perhaps the Armchair Troll can find with his beloved Google Search a clip or article where Lance or Fabian explain just what they do in the do in the gym and WHY they do it. That would be highly amusing.

You might also want to consider putting the "Armchair Troll" on your Ignore list, this can be done in your User CP.

When he finally sees that you're not answering or responding to any of his posts, he will end up going away on his own.

As we say time and time again...
Don't feed the trolls...

Thanks for the acknowledgement that Chapps is a troll.

But honestly on other forums the mods step in far sooner.

Chapps and Roadhouse have been banned from Cyclingnews and Slowtwitch forums for far less than the drivel they post here.

Just saying!

cyberlegend1994 said:
As we say time and time again...
Don't feed the trolls...

Did you hear that Lance & Victoria?.

Your doing it wrong.

20070326_PENDLETON_VICTORIA_01.JPG

LanceLifting.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSLhrSlA4r8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - miCoach: Victoria Pendleton, UK Track Cycling Olympic Winner[/ame]

Hey fergs, Have you rounded up them 12 female cyclists as of yet, put them on a 3 month program, see what the research indicates.

LMAO.

Chapeau! said:
Did you hear that Lance & Victoria?.

Your doing it wrong.

Hey fergs, Have you rounded up them 12 female cyclists as of yet, put them on a 3 month program, see what the research indicates.

Yes they are doing it wrong. Dr Coggan alluded to the fact that World Level Sprinters do way more strength work than the demands of the event. So why Lance or Fabian would do any in season, and no one has provided any evidence that they do, when there is no strength demands to road cycling.

Have you read the full Bishop paper? Abstracts are inadequate. I don't see any problems with the conclusions they came up with based on the data they obtained.

tonyzackery said:
Chap, do tell the month and year when the photo was taken - provide the link so I can verify...

I'm still interested in knowing - not that it proves anything...
Thus far, you've done the "Electric Slide" ('Google' it) on this one...:D

fergie said:
Yes they are doing it wrong. Dr Coggan alluded to the fact that World Level Sprinters do way more strength work than the demands of the event.

Nah. Hes wrong.

Strength is an extremely important component because you have to overcome the inertia of your body & the bike in the least amount of time. The ability to apply greater forces to the pedals, hence greater speeds are defining factors under anaerobic, explosive conditions, both in track & shown in endurance events.

fergie said:
So why Lance or Fabian would do any in season, and no one has provided any evidence that they do, when there is no strength demands to road cycling.

Then how the hell do I push heavy gears?.

Chapeau! said:
Nah. Hes wrong.

Strength is an extremely important component because you have to overcome the inertia of your body & the bike in the least amount of time. The ability to apply greater forces to the pedals, hence greater speeds are defining factors under anaerobic, explosive conditions, both in track & shown in endurance events.

The armchair trolls opinion based on an extensive search of Google has been duly noted.

Let us know when you have ridden sprints, coached sprints, seen a SRM file and actually understand the demands of sprinting.

Then how the hell do I push heavy gears?

Hmmm appears the armchair troll is blind as well and hasn't noticed that Fabian and Lance run a really high cadence. But I though road racing was all about how strong you were, not what cadence you used? I could sit roll all day in the 12 but will that make me a better rider?

Status
Not open for further replies.