Wiggins - Can He Do It?

OGRICHBOI

Feb 16, 2015
We all know what Bradley Wiggins is capable of, but I have come to think. Do you think he is able to win the Hour Record or the Paris-Roubaix? It is clear that this man is dedicated to winning. Some people say he has been putting on weight, which could be an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. To be honest, I think this man could do it. Before he retires, he HAS to come out with a big bang.

What do you think?

P-R is always a **** shoot. The Hour? Yeah, he's got a good chance of taking the record.

Dekker's attempt at altitude will be interesting.

Wiggo should be able to put at least a kilometer on the current record.

55km wouldn't surprise me, even thought I'm hoping he gets close to Boardman's 56km record.

It'd be nice for the sport if he can top Boardman's record as it would stop all the dumbf**kery regarding records done at different times.

It will be very interesting to see how Wiggo fares.

Winning Paris Roubaix takes a modicum of luck regardless of how well or how strong a rider is. Puncture at the wrong time and no matter how strong, or how well, you are, one can lose the race.
Wiggo is a student of the history of the sport and he wants to add a monument to his palmares.

I reckon the hour is more achievable target for him. He's a superb all round rider and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he captured the record.
Wiggo's intent on building his legacy at this stage of his career.

Reactions: steve
The television ads this week for Paris Roubaix on Eurosport are really hyping the "can Wiggo do it" angle.

:D

Well, Wiggo smashed the 1 hour record on Sunday evening covering 54.5 kms in one hour.
I watched it live on TV and it was a superb performance from Bradley.

The weather conditions were not ideal, if the weather had been better, 55kms barrier could have been beaten.

The TV coverage of the event was superb. And Miguel Induran graced the event with his presence.

One sour note though.
Bruyneel and McQuaid were there too
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/johan-bruyneel-defends-his-presence-at-wiggins-uci-hour-record