Wiggle bargain: Gore X Lite Winstopper jacket - 20 Quid

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Call me Bob, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    Just in case anyone else needs a new lightweight shell...

    Wiggle currently have Gore X-Lite Windstopper jackets reduced down to
    £19.99. I wouldn't have wanted to pay the rrp of 60 pounds (crikey!)
    for one, but at twenty notes it seems too good to miss.

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...cle&CategoryName=&ProdID=5300006428&UberCat=0

    http://tinyurl.com/8jvan

    The text on the page says "small only!!", but the order info below has
    larger sizes listed so I gave it a punt yesterday. Package arrived
    this morning with one XXL windstopper jacket.

    It's very minimal, no pockets or anything, just a light, packable
    shell, with adjustable velcro closure on the cuffs and mesh lining in
    the arms. Not tested in anger yet but it looks a good tool.

    "Bob"

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just in case anyone else needs a new lightweight shell...
    >
    > Wiggle currently have Gore X-Lite Windstopper jackets reduced down to
    > £19.99. I wouldn't have wanted to pay the rrp of 60 pounds (crikey!)
    > for one, but at twenty notes it seems too good to miss.

    I got one a year ago, OK for spring, but too lightweight for "this time of
    year", whatever time of year they are talking about since they've said that
    for the past 12 months.

    --
    Simon Mason
    http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

  3. elyob

    elyob Guest

    > "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Just in case anyone else needs a new lightweight shell...
    >>
    >> Wiggle currently have Gore X-Lite Windstopper jackets reduced down to
    >> £19.99. I wouldn't have wanted to pay the rrp of 60 pounds (crikey!)
    >> for one, but at twenty notes it seems too good to miss.
    >>

    > I got one a year ago, OK for spring, but too lightweight for "this time of
    > year", whatever time of year they are talking about since they've said
    > that for the past 12 months.

    You can always put a big jumper under it .. And in the summer leave it open
    and don't wear a t-shirt. Perfect all year gear!

  4. > I got one a year ago, OK for spring, but too lightweight for "this
    > time of year", whatever time of year they are talking about since
    > they've said that for the past 12 months.

    B'ah, haven't they heard of layers?

  5. Tom Crispin

    Tom Crispin Guest

    On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:50:13 GMT, Call me Bob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The text on the page says "small only!!", but the order info below has
    >larger sizes listed so I gave it a punt yesterday. Package arrived
    >this morning with one XXL windstopper jacket.
    >
    >It's very minimal, no pockets or anything, just a light, packable
    >shell, with adjustable velcro closure on the cuffs and mesh lining in
    >the arms. Not tested in anger yet but it looks a good tool.

    I ordered one, but got this email in return:

    ===========

    We're very sorry but we cannot supply you with this product. Our
    suppliers told us we could have more but they have now run out without
    telling us. To make up for mucking you around, here's a wiggle Gift
    Voucher for 10% of the value which you can use towards the cost of an
    alternative product - or anything else you want. Voucher ID
    XXXXXX-XXXXXX Amount £2.00.

    Sorry for the hassle

    Wiggle Customer Services

    ===========

    Wiggle's excellent customer service never ceases to amaze me.
    --
    Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
    are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club

  6. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tom Crispin wrote:
    > On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:50:13 GMT, Call me Bob
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> The text on the page says "small only!!", but the order info below has
    >> larger sizes listed so I gave it a punt yesterday. Package arrived
    >> this morning with one XXL windstopper jacket.
    >>
    >> It's very minimal, no pockets or anything, just a light, packable
    >> shell, with adjustable velcro closure on the cuffs and mesh lining in
    >> the arms. Not tested in anger yet but it looks a good tool.

    > I ordered one, but got this email in return:

    Me too.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

  7. Tom Crispin wrote:

    > Voucher ID
    > XXXXXX-XXXXXX Amount £2.00.

    > Wiggle's excellent customer service never ceases to amaze me.

    Mind you, that voucher ID looks a bit suspect. ;-)

  8. Tom Crispin

    Tom Crispin Guest

    On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 20:05:21 +0000, Tom Crispin
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:50:13 GMT, Call me Bob
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>The text on the page says "small only!!", but the order info below has
    >>larger sizes listed so I gave it a punt yesterday. Package arrived
    >>this morning with one XXL windstopper jacket.
    >>
    >>It's very minimal, no pockets or anything, just a light, packable
    >>shell, with adjustable velcro closure on the cuffs and mesh lining in
    >>the arms. Not tested in anger yet but it looks a good tool.

    >I ordered one, but got this email in return:
    >
    >===========
    >
    >We're very sorry but we cannot supply you with this product. Our
    >suppliers told us we could have more but they have now run out without
    >telling us. To make up for mucking you around, here's a wiggle Gift
    >Voucher for 10% of the value which you can use towards the cost of an
    >alternative product - or anything else you want. Voucher ID
    >XXXXXX-XXXXXX Amount £2.00.
    >
    >Sorry for the hassle
    >
    >Wiggle Customer Services
    >
    >===========
    >
    >Wiggle's excellent customer service never ceases to amaze me.

    Now imagine my further surprise when a parcel from Wiggle turned up
    today containing a Gore XXL Windstopper Jacket. I wore it today in
    the playground, over a thick sweater and a think fleece, while
    children cycled towards me a full speed, stopping as close to me as
    possible without running me over. It was cold... but at least the
    wind was kept out.
    --
    Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
    are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club
    to ride a stationary bicycle. -
    Congressman Earl Blumenauer (Oregon)

  9. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:44:57 +0000, Tom Crispin
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Now imagine my further surprise when a parcel from Wiggle turned up
    >today containing a Gore XXL Windstopper Jacket. I wore it today in
    >the playground, over a thick sweater and a think fleece, while
    >children cycled towards me a full speed, stopping as close to me as
    >possible without running me over. It was cold... but at least the
    >wind was kept out.

    So one bargain Windstopper jacket AND a two quid voucher. Who's a
    lucky boy then...

    Hooray for Wiggle!

    "Bob"

  10. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tom Crispin wrote:

    > Now imagine my further surprise when a parcel from Wiggle turned up
    > today containing a Gore XXL Windstopper Jacket.

    Hey Tom, that was my jacket ;-)

    --
    Tony

    right."