Wiggle Returns

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Saint, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Saint

    Saint Guest

    I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind and
    want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    them have met with no response at all. Just wondered if anyone had any
    experience of dealing with them for returns and how reasonable they are? I
    have bought (and kept) loads of stuff from them before now and never had a
    problem - they seem pretty reputable but a reply would have at least been
    courteous.

    Cheers.

  2. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Saint wrote:

    > I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind and
    > want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    > them have met with no response at all. Just wondered if anyone had any
    > experience of dealing with them for returns and how reasonable they are? I
    > have bought (and kept) loads of stuff from them before now and never had a
    > problem - they seem pretty reputable but a reply would have at least been
    > courteous.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Not had a problem returning stuff, but they're better at answering
    emails if you send it within working hours, it seems to me.

    --

    Velvet

  3. On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:24:22 +0000 (UTC), "Saint" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind and
    >want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    >them have met with no response at all.

    Most unusual. They have been superb on the occasions I've needed to
    return stuff. They usually reply to email by return 9-5.

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  4. A.Lee

    A.Lee Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:24:22 +0000, Saint wrote:

    > I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind and
    > want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    > them have met with no response at all.

    They are not obligated to refund you anything if you are only returning
    "because you changed your mind". Whether they do it to keep you happy is
    up to them, but I think you are pushing it a little to expect a refund
    after 3 weeks.
    Under the Distance Selling Regulations, AIUI, they do have to give a
    refund if you return within 14 days,but this wouldnt apply as it is past
    the 14 days.
    Unless they are being very lenient, I think your best hope is to get a
    credit note from them for use against future purchases.
    Alan.

    http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.

  5. MSA

    MSA Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]+.com says...
    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:24:22 +0000, Saint wrote:
    >
    > > I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind and
    > > want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    > > them have met with no response at all.

    > They are not obligated to refund you anything if you are only returning
    > "because you changed your mind". Whether they do it to keep you happy is
    > up to them, but I think you are pushing it a little to expect a refund
    > after 3 weeks.
    > Under the Distance Selling Regulations, AIUI, they do have to give a
    > refund if you return within 14 days,but this wouldnt apply as it is past
    > the 14 days.
    > Unless they are being very lenient, I think your best hope is to get a
    > credit note from them for use against future purchases.
    > Alan.

    Bit old fashioned but you could phone them:
    0845 6340069

    --
    Mark (MSA)
    This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling

  6. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    bob watkinson wrote:

    > Did I not read recently on this group that they had ceased trading? It may
    > have been another company or I may have dreamed it.
    >
    > Regards, Bob

    I got my order from them only last week, so suspect it was someone else..

    --

    Velvet

  7. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    bob watkinson wrote:
    > Did I not read recently on this group that they had ceased trading? It may
    > have been another company or I may have dreamed it.

    That was Parrot.

  8. Dene Wilby

    Dene Wilby Guest

    > I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind and
    > want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    > them have met with no response at all. Just wondered if anyone had any
    > experience of dealing with them for returns and how reasonable they are? I
    > have bought (and kept) loads of stuff from them before now and never had a
    > problem - they seem pretty reputable but a reply would have at least been
    > courteous.

    Try e-mailing [email protected]

    In January I bought a Sigma wireless transmitter for my trip computer
    and last week it decided to stop working. I sent it back to wiggle (just
    the transmitter and receiver, no packaging) and 5 days later they sent
    me a new wireless unit AND trip computer. Being the honest soul I am, I
    queried it and they said that no, it wasn't a mistake. They even
    refunded 60p postage to my bank account!

    Dene

  9. Did I not read recently on this group that they had ceased trading? It may
    have been another company or I may have dreamed it.

    Regards, Bob
    "Saint" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my mind

    and
    > want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase but emails to
    > them have met with no response at all. Just wondered if anyone had any
    > experience of dealing with them for returns and how reasonable they are?

    > have bought (and kept) loads of stuff from them before now and never had a
    > problem - they seem pretty reputable but a reply would have at least been
    > courteous.
    >
    > Cheers.

  10. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Saint wrote:
    > I want to return something, unused, to Wiggle as I have changed my
    > mind and want them to refund. It's well within 21 days of purchase
    > but emails to them have met with no response at all. Just wondered if
    > anyone had any experience of dealing with them for returns and how
    > reasonable they are? I have bought (and kept) loads of stuff from
    > them before now and never had a problem - they seem pretty reputable
    > but a reply would have at least been courteous.

    Wiggle are fine with returns. Just return the goods (with invoice or
    quoting invoice number), no need to email or phone first.

    They have failed to reply to various initial emails from me before, but
    I've always had good results/answers in the end.

    ~PB

  11. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    A.Lee wrote:
    > They are not obligated to refund you anything if you are only
    > returning "because you changed your mind". Whether they do it to keep
    > you happy is
    > up to them, but I think you are pushing it a little to expect a refund
    > after 3 weeks.

    They may not be obliged by law to refund but, like most dealers, they have
    a policy of doing so. Saint said "well within" 21 days, and even if it
    was three weeks, I don't see any harm in asking for a refund if the goods
    are in unusued mint condition.

    > Under the Distance Selling Regulations, AIUI, they do have to give a
    > refund if you return within 14 days,but this wouldnt apply as it is
    > past
    > the 14 days.
    > Unless they are being very lenient, I think your best hope is to get a
    > credit note from them for use against future purchases.

    Nah, just send it back. This is busy firm that ships tons of stuff every
    day. I doubt they will mind at all. They might not even check the date!
    :)

    ~PB

  12. chris French

    chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, A.Lee
    <[email protected]+.com> writes
    >Under the Distance Selling Regulations, AIUI, they do have to give a
    >refund if you return within 14 days

    7 days I think.

    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  13. Mark

    Mark Guest

    > That was Parrot.

    Who had an advert in the latest edition of "Cycle"... how odd...

    Mark

  14. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Mark wrote:
    >> That was Parrot.

    > Who had an advert in the latest edition of "Cycle"... how odd...

    And were sending out brochures a few days before.

    Even their website is (disgracefully) still up and running
    (www.parrot-online.com) but listen to the message on 0870 99 88 001.

    ~PB

  15. CloseSupport

    CloseSupport Guest

    i returned a Dura Ace Triple front mech for a double cause i'd selected by
    mistake, i sent the item special delivery and received the double within
    24hrs i thought they where very efficient and fast.

    up until ordering a saddle that was distributed on friday, which i haven't
    received as of yet! but thats more than likely down to royal mail. since
    they are not as efficient as wiggle.

    "Pete Biggs" <pcherry{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mark wrote:
    > >> That was Parrot.

    > > Who had an advert in the latest edition of "Cycle"... how odd...

    > And were sending out brochures a few days before.
    >
    > Even their website is (disgracefully) still up and running
    > (www.parrot-online.com) but listen to the message on 0870 99 88 001.
    >
    > ~PB

  16. CloseSupport

    CloseSupport Guest

    returned special delivery Triple front mech-exchange double front mech,
    special delivery the following day.

    48hrs and i had what i wanted, seat missing in the post, they dispatched a
    new one and said that if the other turned up could i plz return it, today i
    got my new carbon seat, wiggle is very efficient and i am very pleased with
    all my items, there speed and efficiency.