Wiggle Service

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Susan Hemmings, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say that the service I've had from 'Wiggle' has been excellent. Every order
    I've placed has been delivered the very next day as stated on their web site. I know we moan about
    poor service so I thought it was about time good service was praised.

    Thanks John

    Tags:

  2. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    "Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I just wanted to say that the service I've had from 'Wiggle' has been excellent. Every order
    > I've placed has been delivered the very next day as stated on their web site. I know we moan about
    > poor service so I thought
    it
    > was about time good service was praised.

    You are Pete Biggs and ICMFP :)

    Regards Simon

  3. Who's Pete Biggs?

    "Simon Galgut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, I just wanted to say that the service I've had from 'Wiggle' has
    been
    > > excellent. Every order I've placed has been delivered the very next day
    as
    > > stated on their web site. I know we moan about poor service so I thought
    > it
    > > was about time good service was praised.
    >
    > You are Pete Biggs and ICMFP :)
    >
    > Regards Simon

  4. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

  5. Toby Barrett

    Toby Barrett Guest

    news:[email protected]...

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Steve.Watkin1 @btinternet.com says...
    > She's not alone, Who is PB?

    He's Mr Big[1] around here, as distinct from Mr Baguette, who is just Big, and several others who
    profess to being variously big.

    Colin Alright, Mr Biggs.

  8. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    _John_ wrote:
    > Who's Pete Biggs?

    Where's Susan Hemmings? ;-)

    .~PB

  9. "Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote: ( Hi, I just wanted to say that the service
    I've had from 'Wiggle' has been ) excellent. Every order I've placed has been delivered the very
    next day as ( stated on their web site. I know we moan about poor service so I thought it ) was
    about time good service was praised.

    Indeed.

    However, they do send junk mail to your (disposable, used once) e-mail address, even if you tick the
    no-bloody-junk-email box.

    This as almost, but not quite as bad as militant speeding.

  10. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  11. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    I too have to say that Wiggle are very good online retailers. They offer a wide range of goods and
    are prompt at dispatching them. The one occasion I did have problems after placing an order was as a
    result of their carrier, "Business Post", who managed to lose a £300 set of Niterider lights! The
    shop came up trumps though and replaced them very quickly with no fuss.

    > Hi, I just wanted to say that the service I've had from 'Wiggle' has been excellent. Every order
    > I've placed has been delivered the very next day as stated on their web site. I know we moan about
    > poor service so I thought
    it
    > was about time good service was praised.
    >
    > Thanks John

  12. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > She's not alone, Who is PB?
    >
    > He's Mr Big[1] around here,

    Is he?

  13. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > Where's Susan Hemmings? ;-)

    Who said that?

    :)

    --
    Mark (never erd of im)
    ______________________________________

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

  14. On 12 Feb 2003 18:30:22 -0000, [email protected] (Geraint Jones) wrote:

    >"Susan Hemmings" <[email protected]> wrote: ( Hi, I just wanted to say that the service
    >I've had from 'Wiggle' has been ) excellent. Every order I've placed has been delivered the very
    >next day as ( stated on their web site. I know we moan about poor service so I thought it ) was
    >about time good service was praised.
    >
    >Indeed.
    >
    >However, they do send junk mail to your (disposable, used once) e-mail address, even if you tick
    >the no-bloody-junk-email box.
    >
    >This as almost, but not quite as bad as militant speeding.

    I got them to amend their privacy statement after I found that the site was dropping persistant
    cookies despite claiming not to.

    Am I the only sad sod who *reads* privacy policies?

    Good bike shop, though.

  15. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Stuart wrote:
    > I too have to say that Wiggle are very good online retailers. They offer a wide range of goods and
    > are prompt at dispatching them. The one occasion I did have problems after placing an order was as
    > a result of their carrier, "Business Post", who managed to lose a £300 set of Niterider lights!
    > The shop came up trumps though and replaced them very quickly with no fuss.

    I'll go along with that. Wiggle very good "Buisness Post" useless.

    If your not in when they call (like working hours) , they send the stuff to a warehouse in the
    middle of nowhere staffed by extras from 'The Office'. Best get it sent to work if you can, even if
    you get ribbed for the kinky gear.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

  16. In news:[email protected], AndyMorris <[email protected]> typed:

    > If your not in when they call (like working hours) , they send the stuff to a warehouse in the
    > middle of nowhere staffed by extras from 'The Office'. Best get it sent to work if you can, even
    > if you get ribbed for the kinky gear.

    No one thinks cycling gear is "odd" or "kinky" where I work (there are cyclists on every floor of
    the multi-floor building!) [1] - but having personal packages sent in is verboten. They would
    probably get lost anyway, or worse still be treated as potential IED [2] and trigger a building
    evacuation. Not good, especially as I work for an organisation funded by the taxpayer (so I
    shouldn't really be using the office resources to deliver packages anyway).

    As for Wiggle, they seem good (as far as the site is concerned) - but are let down by a crap courier
    and ignoring requests not to send sales e-mails (frankly I think on-line stores should use an
    *opt-in* policy whereby they only send marketing e-mails *if requested*).

    Has any regular customer taken up these issues with them (and do they respond)?

    Alex