Wiggle

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian G Batten, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Ian G Batten

    Ian G Batten Guest

    Cut off for next-day delivery: 2pm.

    Ian orders lock and floor anchor: 3pm Monday.

    Man knocks on Ian's house with heavy box: 7.30am Tuesday.

    You can't fault it, can you?

    ian

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Ian G Batten wrote:
    > Cut off for next-day delivery: 2pm.
    >
    > Ian orders lock and floor anchor: 3pm Monday.
    >
    > Man knocks on Ian's house with heavy box: 7.30am Tuesday.
    >
    > You can't fault it, can you?
    >
    > ian

    Were there any wine gums included?

    Tony

  3. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:14:11 +0000 (UTC), in <[email protected]>, Ian G Batten
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Cut off for next-day delivery: 2pm. Ian orders lock and floor anchor: 3pm Monday. Man knocks on
    >Ian's house with heavy box: 7.30am Tuesday. You can't fault it, can you?

    Depends if you got some wine gums with it ...
    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
    like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal

  4. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:37:15 -0000, in
    <[email protected]>, "Tony Raven"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Were there any wine gums included?

    Tony, we appear to have a simultaneous crap sense of humour!

    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which appears in my inbox is mine to do what I
    like with. Anything which is sent to me (whether intended or not) may, if I so desire, form a legal
    and binding contract.

  5. Ian G Batten

    Ian G Batten Guest

  6. Ian G Batten wrote:

    > Cut off for next-day delivery: 2pm.
    >
    > Ian orders lock and floor anchor: 3pm Monday.
    >
    > Man knocks on Ian's house with heavy box: 7.30am Tuesday.
    >
    > You can't fault it, can you?

    I wish my postie, UPS, etc. etc could bestir themselves from bed that early. Then I wouldn't have to
    lug all the heavy stuff back from work...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  7. Ian G Batten

    Ian G Batten Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Dave Larrington <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I wish my postie, UPS, etc. etc could bestir themselves from bed that early.

    I was first on the route. Or at least, first on the sheet of the route, and I'd be surprised if
    they'd done 20 calls before they got to me.

    ian

  8. Dave Larrington wrote:

    > Ian G Batten wrote:
    >

    >>Cut off for next-day delivery: 2pm.
    >>
    >>Ian orders lock and floor anchor: 3pm Monday.
    >>
    >>Man knocks on Ian's house with heavy box: 7.30am Tuesday.
    >>
    >>You can't fault it, can you?
    >

    > I wish my postie, UPS, etc. etc could bestir themselves from bed that early. Then I wouldn't have
    > to lug all the heavy stuff back from work...

    http://www.beckandcall.co.uk

    They take delivery of your package and delivery it at your convenience. You give them a hour slot
    from 0700 to 2300 - and I've not had them be late (I'll let them off for arriving at 0757 when I'd
    asked for an 8-9 slot :)

  9. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Ian G Batten wrote:
    > Cut off for next-day delivery: 2pm.
    >
    > Ian orders lock and floor anchor: 3pm Monday.
    >
    > Man knocks on Ian's house with heavy box: 7.30am Tuesday.
    >
    > You can't fault it, can you?

    Their speed of despatch is excellent but I can fault their willingness to correct technical
    information.

    Wiggle's description of Campagnolo bottom brackets is incorrect. I've emailed to correct them but
    they've ignored me. People are buying the wrong products because of this. I know they got my email
    because they answered another enquiry at the time.

    What they call "double" Mirage, Veloce and Centaur BBs (111mm) are actually intended also for TRIPLE
    chainsets on bikes with 28.6 seat tubes. Unlike Shimanos, double and triple Xenon-to-Centaur cranks
    are especially designed to fit the same BB. The "triple" 115.5mm is only for triples with 32+mm seat
    tubes (to allow more clearance for the front derailleur). This is clearly stated on the Campag
    website and catalogues. It's best to use the 111 when possible for sake of chainline and q-factor,
    etc. By the way, a trick to use the 111 with fat seat tubes is to file a bit off the mech. Wiggle's
    Campag prices are OTT anyway. Better to buy from Parker International. The worry is though: if
    they've got these descriptions wrong (and don't care), what else could be wrong?

    ~PB

  10. Chris Heys

    Chris Heys Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:01:16 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
    <ptangerine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:
    *snip*
    The worry is though: if they've got these descriptions
    >wrong (and don't care), what else could be wrong?
    >
    >~PB

    I had a problem with Wiggle and returning faulty goods (Endura clothing of all things). Took a long
    time and eventually a letter direct to the head honchos before I saw my money again (to their credit
    it was very quick once they had received said letters).

    Cheers,

    Chris

  11. I bought an Astrale computer off them the other week, which turned out not to have the rear wheel
    speed sensor as advertised and thereof being of No Use At All. Refund came very quickly.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  12. Pete Biggs wrote: <snip>
    > Wiggle's Campag prices are OTT anyway. Better to buy from Parker International. The worry is
    > though: if they've got these descriptions wrong (and don't care), what else could be wrong?
    >
    > ~PB

    They had or may still have an incorrect listing for Shimano SPD cleats, I emailed them but got
    no response.

    Other than sending me red instead of salmon red koolstops which they rectified they seem pretty
    reasonable.

    I never get wine gums though.

  13. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:01:29 +0000, chris harrison <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >They take delivery of your package and delivery it at your convenience.

    Now that's what I call service - do they bring you the paper as well?

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

  14. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:01:29 +0000, chris harrison <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    >> They take delivery of your package and delivery it at your convenience.
    >
    > Now that's what I call service - do they bring you the paper as well?

    Yebbut, AFAICT you have to order you stull from one of their list of suppliers, which appered, at
    the last count, to include no[1] online bike shops. Or did I miss them hiding under "books" or
    something?

    1 - I counted them. Twice.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  15. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:33:29 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
    <[email protected]>:

    >Yebbut, AFAICT you have to order you stull from one of their list of suppliers,

    Why would I want a bike when I'm in the convenience? The list of things I want in there is
    quite short...

    Guy
    ===