Wildcamps

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Steve Williams, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. ANyone know any great Wildcamps in Breacon Beacons? Grid
    refs would be great.

    Cheers

    Tags:

  2. Rifleman

    Rifleman Guest

    "Steve Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ANyone know any great Wildcamps in Breacon Beacons? Grid
    > refs would be great.
    >
    > Cheers

    Surely the whole point of "wild" camping is that there
    ARE no set sites.........just take off and find a place
    to pitch...

  3. Chris Street

    Chris Street Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 20:19:08 -0000, "Steve Williams"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >ANyone know any great Wildcamps in Breacon Beacons?

    On the ground. Most of the Beacons is fairly good assuming
    it's level.

    > Grid refs would be great.

    They are. If I dished mine out then I'd find you in my
    wildcamp spot though wouldn't I..:)

    --
    79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other
    42% are made up later on. In Warwick - looking at flat

  4. Rudy Lacchin

    Rudy Lacchin Guest

    "Steve Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ANyone know any great Wildcamps in Breacon Beacons? Grid
    > refs would be great.

    The sheepflds at SO216278 are okay - nice and flat, fairly
    sheltered and with running water. I think we used to ones at
    SN952194 once too.

    HTH,
    R.