Wildflower dreams

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Sgert97411, Apr 29, 2003.

  1. Sgert97411

    Sgert97411 Guest

    I called the marina at Lake San Antonio today. They said the water is 60. I checked the internet
    weather report today and they are predicting rain for Friday and Saturday. Am I the only one that
    worries about these things? As they say on sports radio, "lets light up these lines." Why is the
    group so silent about Wildflower? Come on folks this is going to great. Stan Gertler

    Tags:

  2. Gwydion

    Gwydion Guest

    I'm really dreading doing the Wildflower bike course in the rain with 2500 of my closest friends.
    Aside from being uncomfortable, some of the descents will be downright dangerous. I'm really,
    really, hoping that the rain stays away.

    I'm not that worried about the water temp. Almost everyone wears a full suit anyway, and as long as
    it is 60 or above it won't be that bad.

    SGert97411 wrote:

    > I called the marina at Lake San Antonio today. They said the water is 60. I checked the internet
    > weather report today and they are predicting rain for Friday and Saturday. Am I the only one that
    > worries about these things? As they say on sports radio, "lets light up these lines." Why is the
    > group so silent about Wildflower? Come on folks this is going to great. Stan Gertler

  3. Tribro3

    Tribro3 Guest

    I'm racing Sunday so hope the weather holds out. I'm looking forward to racing under cooler
    conditions. The couple years have been pretty warm, tough for such a hilly course.

    Definitely looking forward to the race. Hoping to get on a motorcycle to take pics of the Long
    Course race on saturday. Should be a good race, lots of top pros coming out. Pictures will be posted
    on trifuel.com.

    http://www.trifuel.com/photos/

    tribro

  4. Rachael

    Rachael Guest

    "SGert97411" wrote

    > I checked the internet weather report today and they are predicting rain
    for
    > Friday and Saturday. Am I the only one that worries about these things?

    I'd happily swap a rainy race day for getting rid of my head cold. I'm more worried about not being
    able to breathe through my nose than grey skies. However, I'm racing Sunday and we have a better
    forecast. Bit worried about my husband though, who's doing the long course. Are the descents really
    bad in the wet? Might have to consult a different set of frog intestines for a better outlook ;-)

  5. Bill Reese

    Bill Reese Guest

    Rachael wrote in message ...

    >"SGert97411" wrote
    >
    >> I checked the internet weather report today and they are predicting rain
    >for
    >> Friday and Saturday

    Fri. is susposed to be the real rain, and Sat. just showers, Sunday clear. That is for here on the
    Monterey Peninsula. Down there they get less rain typically, so I expect that they will get some
    Fri. and little or none on Sat. I too am looking forward to finally doing WF (Oly) on a day which
    isn't as hot as my last several.

    Re. the descents--the only ones which might be particularly bad if wet are the return down Lynch
    Hill (the worst) and perhaps the descent after "nasty grade". The rest of the descents don't involve
    much in the way of change of directions.

    Bill