Wildflower dreams

Sgert97411

Guest
I called the marina at Lake San Antonio today. They said the water is 60. I checked the internet
weather report today and they are predicting rain for Friday and Saturday. Am I the only one that
worries about these things? As they say on sports radio, "lets light up these lines." Why is the
group so silent about Wildflower? Come on folks this is going to great. Stan Gertler

I'm really dreading doing the Wildflower bike course in the rain with 2500 of my closest friends.
Aside from being uncomfortable, some of the descents will be downright dangerous. I'm really,
really, hoping that the rain stays away.

I'm not that worried about the water temp. Almost everyone wears a full suit anyway, and as long as
it is 60 or above it won't be that bad.

SGert97411 wrote:

> I called the marina at Lake San Antonio today. They said the water is 60. I checked the internet
> weather report today and they are predicting rain for Friday and Saturday. Am I the only one that
> worries about these things? As they say on sports radio, "lets light up these lines." Why is the
> group so silent about Wildflower? Come on folks this is going to great. Stan Gertler

I'm racing Sunday so hope the weather holds out. I'm looking forward to racing under cooler
conditions. The couple years have been pretty warm, tough for such a hilly course.

Definitely looking forward to the race. Hoping to get on a motorcycle to take pics of the Long
Course race on saturday. Should be a good race, lots of top pros coming out. Pictures will be posted
on trifuel.com.

http://www.trifuel.com/photos/

tribro

"SGert97411" wrote

> I checked the internet weather report today and they are predicting rain
for
> Friday and Saturday. Am I the only one that worries about these things?

I'd happily swap a rainy race day for getting rid of my head cold. I'm more worried about not being
able to breathe through my nose than grey skies. However, I'm racing Sunday and we have a better
forecast. Bit worried about my husband though, who's doing the long course. Are the descents really
bad in the wet? Might have to consult a different set of frog intestines for a better outlook ;-)

Rachael wrote in message ...

>"SGert97411" wrote
>
>> I checked the internet weather report today and they are predicting rain
>for
>> Friday and Saturday

Fri. is susposed to be the real rain, and Sat. just showers, Sunday clear. That is for here on the
Monterey Peninsula. Down there they get less rain typically, so I expect that they will get some
Fri. and little or none on Sat. I too am looking forward to finally doing WF (Oly) on a day which
isn't as hot as my last several.

Re. the descents--the only ones which might be particularly bad if wet are the return down Lynch
Hill (the worst) and perhaps the descent after "nasty grade". The rest of the descents don't involve
much in the way of change of directions.

Bill