Wilier Cento1

mrowkoob said:
Would you consider this Wilier Cento1 as a good deal or have you seen a better deal on it somewhere else? Links would be appreciated.

Wilier Wilier Cento1 Racing RED LTD | Bikebuster
Well, you've asked the $64,000 question -- how much is any bike worth?

Were you looking for a bike to ride or to look at?

If you are 6'3", or taller, AND/OR you want a nice bike to look at & ride + which has a limited edition paint job, then what price is too much?

Are you taller than 6'3" (190cm)? If you're not, then the frame is probably way-too-big, so it's not going to be a good deal unless you just want something to resell or to look at.

Off the top, I would deduct 20% (from the retail price of $6642) for it being Old Stock ... so, that would be $5313 ... they deducted ~23% ... BUT, I would also discount the SRAM components because you/(everyone) should probably look for cosmetically updated SRAM levers with this year's Tdf (or, Giro ... or, Dauphine) even though they haven't been announced, yet.

If you aren't racing AND you are fan of SRAM's double-tap shifters, then I would shop until I found a different, close-to-the-top-of-the-line 2009 bike (any brand) which was being offered for $4650, or less. There must be a ton of 2009 Trek Madone bikes (for example) with SRAM shifters waiting to be bought where the shop owner will do cartwheels if you were to throw $4650 down on the table for one.

FWIW. If you are truly a discerning buyer, then you may want to consider buying what is (by one account) apparently a previous-year, naked Willier frame (amongst others) from one of the Chinese vendors on eBay + the drivetrain & wheels of your choice for a total of about $3500 +/- ... if you don't need the top of the line gruppo, then you can probably cobble together the equivalent of a ready-to-ride 2008 Willier for closer to $2500 ... heck, those over-production frames which are being sold on eBay are probably into the 2009 framesets by now.

With the understanding that the naked, Chinese CF frames may be slightly heavier AND may not ride exactly the same as the Wilier Cento1 (heck, does the 2009 Cento1 ride the same as the 2010 Cento1?) I know that I would give one of those naked CF framesets some very serious consideration if I were replacing my CF frame/fork (which is no longer the latest-or-greatest) because having the latest-and-greatest isn't a current priority for me ...

Having said that, at this point, if were going to pony up $4000+ for a frame, then I would reconsider the CF-thing & probably have a custom, steel frame made ...

Wilier frames ride great, if you want to save some money here is something that may interest you.
I recently built up a Pedal Force RS2 frame with Sram Red with Easton EC90 SL on Easton EA90 SLX wheels total build weight came up to 14.11 lb with pedals and cages Total Cost: $3360
My Pedal Force RS2 detailed photos and review.
Take a look at Outside Online also frame is same design and Road Bike Review

Pedal Force The RS2 frame is actually an '06 Wilier Izoard. Made at the same factory (ADK in Taiwan), same carbon layup schedule, same materials, same 3k weave and same geometry. They changed the frame specifications slightly on '07+ frames.