Wilier Le Roi

Cycling212

Aug 19, 2009
Hey I'm getting ready to buy a new bike frame and was recently introduced to Wilier. I found a bike shop that will sell me one for 1750 out the door... is this a good deal as the Le Roi is no longer in production? Also what do you think of this frame and what are some other good options for around 2000

Cycling212 said:
Hey I'm getting ready to buy a new bike frame and was recently introduced to Wilier. I found a bike shop that will sell me one for 1750 out the door... is this a good deal as the Le Roi is no longer in production? Also what do you think of this frame and what are some other good options for around 2000

Well, check out the Tir na nog from Irishcycles.com. Similiar to the Le Roi but a much better fork and higher grade carbon. Theframes are both made by the same people in Asia.

Cycling212 said:
I found a bike shop that will sell me one for 1750 out the door... is this a good deal as the Le Roi is no longer in production?

For several years the LeRoi was the top of the Wilier range, and now it is just about one or two seasons out of date, that's all. It had been the ride of choice for most of the Lampre squad, a spring classics powerhouse, up til the end of the 2008 season. Alessandro Ballan won the worlds road race on one. This year they're all on the new Cento Uno, which Damiano Cunego had started riding in 2008.

If you don't feel compelled to always have the latest and blingiest, $1750 for a LeRoi frame is a deal. Last spring I was dreaming about a LeRoi that was just my size, but the dealer wanted the full $2895 for it. They did let me try an Ultegra Izoard, which was absolutely sweet but still out of my budget. I ended up with a slightly used Giant.

Deals abound. A big shakeup in the organization of Ridley has resulted in the 2008 Noah, Damocles, and Helium models snarfed up and deeply discounted. See if ExcelSports.com has any left.

If you can find a good fit any of these bikes would be a swell ride.