Will 27.2 diameter seatpost fit in a 26.6?

ojuice

May 16, 2005
My current seatpost just isn't cutting it anymore, and I need a new one. My current post is 26.6 in diameter, but all I'm finding online are 27.2's. Will the 27.2's fit? Thanks.

If your lbs stock or can order BBB products (manufacturers of after market bike parts. See BBBParts.com) then they have seatposts in a variety of styles and sizes.

ojuice said:
My current seatpost just isn't cutting it anymore, and I need a new one. My current post is 26.6 in diameter, but all I'm finding online are 27.2's. Will the 27.2's fit? Thanks.
There still aronund in that size. Try American classic, or Thomson as mentioned before. To answer your question about the 27.2 fittind, it won't fit.

ojuice said:
I think you know the answer to that.

Does a square peg fit in a round hole?

Only if the square peg is smaller than the round hole, but I wouldn't recommend that for a seat post!

USE make 25mm posts and a variety of shims. They are great posts and easy to use. Should come in 26.6mm.

ojuice said:
No, it won't. Not even if you use your biggest hammer.