Will a Campy crank fit a suntour bottom bracket?

Status

Bill Cunningham

Guest
I have an Albert Eisentraut Rainbow with a Suntour GPX crank set. Can I put a Campy NR crank on
the this bottom bracket? The Bike has a complete GPX group that doesn't seem up to the quality
of the bike.

Thanks in advance.

Max Watt

Guest
[email protected] (bill cunningham) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I have an Albert Eisentraut Rainbow with a Suntour GPX crank set. Can I put a Campy NR crank on
> the this bottom bracket? The Bike has a complete GPX group that doesn't seem up to the quality of
> the bike.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I've had a suntour crank on a campy bottom bracket. The angle of taper is the same. It will seat in
a different spot, as the campy crank has a slightly smaller hole than Suntour/Shimano, but the
difference should not be enough to matter im practice. So it will fit on. Whether the crank is made
for a bottom bracket of that width is another matter, one that can affect shifting. If the crank was
made for a BB of approximately the length of the Suntour BB, you're ok. Someone else may have the
specs for the NR crank and that suntour GPX BB, or you can try mounting the crank and see if the
shifting works.

Status
Not open for further replies.