Will a normal rime hook up to a unicycle?

trials_uni wrote:
> rime??? i assume you mean rim? but yeah most rims will fit a uni if the
> size and clearance is correct.

So i could buy a 20" tire and rim from canadian tire and put it on a
20'' uni frame ? right thats what your saying

--
theriault_honda
theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

Yes, You should be able to, but make sure your not trying to put a bike
hub onto a unicycle, but if it is just the rim, you can put a
unicycling hub in there, put in the spokes, then be fine.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave me
alone about it!~*~

'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

Jerrick wrote:
> Yes, You should be able to, but make sure your not trying to put a bike
> hub onto a unicycle, but if it is just the rim, you can put a
> unicycling hub in there, put in the spokes, then be fine.

What so different about a unicycle hub then is it just stronger?

--
theriault_honda
theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

yes, if you have a certain hub and bearings..

--
manon1wheel

Riley
James_Potter-
I fall with my upper body travelling backwards and my lower body
travelling forwards from 5' up and hit the concrete with my tailbone
and right elbow. It hurt, but I found it quite funny.
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

well, on a bicycle, it is chain driven, so the hub on a bicycle wheel,
only have the bolts that come out the attach to the axel and get bolted
on there.

On a unicycle, the ratio is 1:1 cause it is just a direct drive, so the
hub on a unicycle, instead of having bolts coming out, they are
cotterless or splined, so that the cranks can attach to the hub,
enabling us to pedal =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave me
alone about it!~*~

'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
(http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)

the top is a uni hub(fits in a uni frame

the bottom is a bike hub(will not fit in a uni frame)

get the picture?

-Phil

|Filename: BigAndSmallHubs.gif |

trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

koebwil wrote:
> I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
> letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

On a bike hub, the axle stays still and the hub rotates around the axle
on bearings inside the hub.
On a unicycle hub, the axle is fixed to the hub and the whole lot
rotates in bearings held by the frame.

Of course, a giraffe unicycle is a bit different, being chain driven,
and uses a bike-type hub (fixed-gear type).

Rob

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'