Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX 30

Status

Paul

Guest

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2F041.245CB0B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be = able to carry a Scott G
Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.

Thanks [email protected]

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2F041.245CB0B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a = Smart car=20 bike rack
be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX =
30.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</A>= </FONT></DIV>
<DVII> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2F041.245CB0B0--

Anonymous

Guest
In a brief moment of lucidity Paul scribbled:

> Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G
> Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.
>
> Thanks [email protected]

The only true way of knowing is to find someone else with a Smart Car, and it's rack, and a Scott G
Zero 30 and Scott FX 30 ... How many folks do you reckon have that *exact* combination ?

Have you thought of taking the bikes along to the Smart Car dealer and asking to try the rack with
the bikes ? If they won't let you, then tell them it's that or no sale ... ;)

--

Completed 1522 Seti work units in 11364 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Andy Chequer

Guest
"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... Help I
am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and
Scott FX 30.

If it lives up to its name then the car will work it out for itself ;-)

Though I suspect it probably will work, wouldn't it pull wheelies with the bikes on the back?

Andy Chequer owns big dumb car

Paul

Guest
You never know it may just pull a wheelies

Any way taking both bike to car dealrt to see if the will fit on back of car.

"Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... Help
> I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be
able
> to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.
>
> If it lives up to its name then the car will work it out for itself ;-)
>
> Though I suspect it probably will work, wouldn't it pull wheelies with the bikes on the back?
>
> Andy Chequer owns big dumb car

Taywood

Guest
Paul wrote:
> Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G
> Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.
>
> Thanks [email protected]

One bike alone is bigger than the toy car. Are you telling us they have a bike rack as an
accessory? Mike

Paul

Guest

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2F300.298A3C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Took Bike to Smart show room, and both bikes will not fit on the smart = car.

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2F300.298A3C30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Took Bike to Smart show room, and both bikes = will not fit=20 on the smart
car.</FONT></DIV>
<DV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DVI>"Paul" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</A>= >=20 wrote in
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= nternet.com</A>...</DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial>Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will = a Smart=20 car bike rack
be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX =
30.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</A>= </FONT></DIV>
<DVII> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

Paul wrote:
> Took Bike to Smart show room, and both bikes will not fit on the smart car.

OK, but since its such a small car is there a bike rack accessory for the car, and is it capable of
holding just one Scott bike or any other bike? Did you glean any more info from the sales guy? Today
we saw a Smart car pulling a small low trailer holding a jobbing gardeners grass mower and his
tools. Perhaps a special trailer may be better for transporting your bikes. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.