Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX 30

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Paul, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2F041.245CB0B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be = able to carry a Scott G
    Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.

    Thanks [email protected]

    ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2F041.245CB0B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a = Smart car=20 bike rack
    be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX =
    30.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
    href=3D"mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</A>= </FONT></DIV>
    <DVII> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2F041.245CB0B0--

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In a brief moment of lucidity Paul scribbled:

    > Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G
    > Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.
    >
    > Thanks [email protected]

    The only true way of knowing is to find someone else with a Smart Car, and it's rack, and a Scott G
    Zero 30 and Scott FX 30 ... How many folks do you reckon have that *exact* combination ?

    Have you thought of taking the bikes along to the Smart Car dealer and asking to try the rack with
    the bikes ? If they won't let you, then tell them it's that or no sale ... ;)

    --

    Completed 1522 Seti work units in 11364 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

  3. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... Help I
    am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and
    Scott FX 30.

    If it lives up to its name then the car will work it out for itself ;-)

    Though I suspect it probably will work, wouldn't it pull wheelies with the bikes on the back?

    Andy Chequer owns big dumb car

  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    You never know it may just pull a wheelies

    Any way taking both bike to car dealrt to see if the will fit on back of car.

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... Help
    > I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be
    able
    > to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.
    >
    > If it lives up to its name then the car will work it out for itself ;-)
    >
    > Though I suspect it probably will work, wouldn't it pull wheelies with the bikes on the back?
    >
    > Andy Chequer owns big dumb car

  5. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike rack be able to carry a Scott G
    > Zero 30 and Scott FX 30.
    >
    > Thanks [email protected]

    One bike alone is bigger than the toy car. Are you telling us they have a bike rack as an
    accessory? Mike

  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2F300.298A3C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    Took Bike to Smart show room, and both bikes will not fit on the smart = car.

    ------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2F300.298A3C30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Took Bike to Smart show room, and both bikes = will not fit=20 on the smart
    car.</FONT></DIV>
    <DV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px;
    MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DVI>"Paul" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</A>= >=20 wrote in
    message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= nternet.com</A>...</DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial>Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will = a Smart=20 car bike rack
    be able to carry a Scott G Zero 30 and Scott FX =
    30.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</A>= </FONT></DIV>
    <DVII> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2F300.298A3C30--

  7. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Took Bike to Smart show room, and both bikes will not fit on the smart car.

    OK, but since its such a small car is there a bike rack accessory for the car, and is it capable of
    holding just one Scott bike or any other bike? Did you glean any more info from the sales guy? Today
    we saw a Smart car pulling a small low trailer holding a jobbing gardeners grass mower and his
    tools. Perhaps a special trailer may be better for transporting your bikes. Mike

  8. Chello

    Chello Guest

    Will a Scott G Zero 30 or Scott FX 30 car rack be able to carry a Smart car?

    ;-) "Paul" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message de news:
    [email protected] Help I am thinking of buying a Smart car. Will a Smart car bike