Will Armstrong win the 2009 TDF??

Zoro said:
He is my first choice. I think Lance is not the fastest of the bunch. He is the wisest. He looked too rested today. C went for it and failed, Lance played the team guy. C went for the yellow and had 3 guys block for him and gained 2 sec on Lance - no yellow. That was a failure and something to expect from a 26 year old. I believe it will cost him. Wait until it gets to small chainring hills (ALPS ALPS ALPS) and watch Lance go. If C was not on the same team he'd certainly would not have the same chances. The fact Astana is staying out of crashes has more to do with Lance than C.

Well said.

He is by far the most experienced of the whole peloton and I think he has alot more to show as the tour gets steeper.

Can't wait for the alps, will make watching it on tv a lot more exciting, as well as seeing who is likely to win overall.

Watch for a Lance win in the TT putting him ahead (or its all over before then). Then team needs to work for him before the final mountain. Contador typically gets a bit slower in the ending stages, while Lance gets a bit stronger.

I don't see Armstrong beating Cancellara in the TT and probably not Kloden but he will be atop finisher.

Zoro said:
HE only needs to be the top on his team.

I would tend to agree since Astana is a dream team of very talented riders but I will still give Contador the edge at this point. Still to early to know for sure.

jhuskey said:
I would tend to agree since Astana is a dream team of very talented riders but I will still give Contador the edge at this point. Still to early to know for sure.
But that's the fun guessing when it is too early to tell, otherwise wait and watch TV. I'm saying if Lance is first overall for his team after the TT (even if losing to Kloden in the TT) his team will work for him. I do predict Lance as the winner based on what I saw Contador do. When Ulrich attacked real early on the Pyr.. Lance knew he had him as that indicated lack of confidence. Same here. I think Cantador is real scared and will not endure. 1st week - Contador would win, last week - Lance.

I don't think he'll win in 2010. I mean these other teams are going to get together. If they were smart they would get Cavendish, Hushold, and those two brothers together and make it hard on Lance. Lance is not going to want to have a team that's just mediocre. He's figuring he's going to give it all he can. So I think he get a couple ringers. Besides there are a few guys that can beat him in the mountains now and he's no sprinter. If Alberto gets a good sprinter like Cavendish they'll be tough to beat.