Will every PT race end in a bunch gallop this year?

full on

Guest
Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
sprint, they should declare it a draw,
and make them do it again.
thoughts?

thanks for the insightful response. Sorry your abnormally high
intellect was
so insulted you had to resort to 8th grade name calling. geesh.

On Feb 3, 4:34 pm, full on <[email protected]> wrote:
> thanks for the insightful  response. Sorry your abnormally high
> intellect was
> so insulted you had to resort to 8th grade name calling. geesh.
>
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:59:39 -0800 (PST), ronaldo_jeremiah
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >On Feb 3, 12:10 pm, full on <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
> >> sprint, they should declare it a draw,
> >> and make them do it again.
> >> thoughts?

> >Yeah, two of them:

> >It's barely February, and you're a moron.

> >-rj- Hide quoted text -

You aren't worthy of a "dumbass" yet.
Bill C

On Feb 4, 5:10 am, full on <[email protected]> wrote:
> Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
> sprint, they should declare it a draw,
> and make them do it again.
> thoughts?

Well I don't think a sprinter would like to have to re race just
because of a bunch finish.

After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
radios.
Either
1. Remove them from the Directors cars as the maths on how fast to
reel in a break away is mind numbingly boring.
2. Only allow one way communication back to the team car (e.g. I've
got a flat, etc)
3. Completely remove them from the riders ears so as to bring out some
race nouse.

Or even stop the time checks, that might be going a bit overboard
though.

The whole live television in a car and radio communication really
makes it dull for racing. Climbing races really would not be affected
but something flat with a bunch sprint might actually become half
interesting if an escape group can get away and when they're reeled
in, another attack goes. Notice how the attacks go down straight after
the break away bunch is caught with 5km to go?

Magilla? your one sided, vitriolic and sardonic thoughts on this? P.S.
I think you're the greatest cycling commentator ever to live. FACT.

On Feb 5, 5:15 am, Black Range <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 4, 5:10 am, full on <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
> > sprint, they should declare it a draw,
> > and make them do it again.
> > thoughts?

> Well I don't think a sprinter would like to have to re race just
> because of a bunch finish.
>
> After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
> radios.
> Either
> 1. Remove them from the Directors cars as the maths on how fast to
> reel in a break away is mind numbingly boring.
> 2. Only allow one way communication back to the team car (e.g. I've
> got a flat, etc)
> 3. Completely remove them from the riders ears so as to bring out some
> race nouse.
>
> Or even stop the time checks, that might be going a bit overboard
> though.
>
> The whole live television in a car and radio communication really
> makes it dull for racing. Climbing races really would not be affected
> but something flat with a bunch sprint might actually become half
> interesting if an escape group can get away and when they're reeled
> in, another attack goes. Notice how the attacks go down straight after
> the break away bunch is caught with 5km to go?
>
> Magilla? your one sided, vitriolic and sardonic thoughts on this? P.S.
> I think you're the greatest cycling commentator ever to live. FACT.

Also, make them ride steel bikes and only drink two water bottles a
stage.

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:15:29 -0800 (PST), Black Range
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Feb 4, 5:10 am, full on <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
>> sprint, they should declare it a draw,
>> and make them do it again.
>> thoughts?

>Well I don't think a sprinter would like to have to re race just
>because of a bunch finish.
>
>After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
>radios.
>Either
>1. Remove them from the Directors cars as the maths on how fast to
>reel in a break away is mind numbingly boring.
>2. Only allow one way communication back to the team car (e.g. I've
>got a flat, etc)
>3. Completely remove them from the riders ears so as to bring out some
>race nouse.
>
>Or even stop the time checks, that might be going a bit overboard
>though.

Good points.

"Sandy" a écrit profondement:

| Dans le message de
| news:[email protected],
| Black Range <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
|
| > After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
| > radios.
|
| http://www.velo101.com/sondages/consultation.asp?Numero=518&Section=Route
|
| Faudrait-il interdire les oreillettes en course ?
| Oui : 72,6% (2636 votes)
| Non : 24,21% (879 votes)
| Sans opinion : 3,22% (117 votes)
|

| Nombre de votants : 3631

See, I told you the ProTour was not worth having

--
Davey Crockett
-

In article
<079bde72-a42e-42f1-adbf-0cce8c871437@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
Halverde <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Feb 5, 5:15 am, Black Range <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Feb 4, 5:10 am, full on <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
> > > sprint, they should declare it a draw,
> > > and make them do it again.
> > > thoughts?

> > Well I don't think a sprinter would like to have to re race just
> > because of a bunch finish.
> >
> > After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
> > radios.
> > Either
> > 1. Remove them from the Directors cars as the maths on how fast to
> > reel in a break away is mind numbingly boring.
> > 2. Only allow one way communication back to the team car (e.g. I've
> > got a flat, etc)
> > 3. Completely remove them from the riders ears so as to bring out some
> > race nouse.
> >
> > Or even stop the time checks, that might be going a bit overboard
> > though.
> >
> > The whole live television in a car and radio communication really
> > makes it dull for racing. Climbing races really would not be affected
> > but something flat with a bunch sprint might actually become half
> > interesting if an escape group can get away and when they're reeled
> > in, another attack goes. Notice how the attacks go down straight after
> > the break away bunch is caught with 5km to go?
> >
> > Magilla? your one sided, vitriolic and sardonic thoughts on this? P.S.
> > I think you're the greatest cycling commentator ever to live. FACT.

> Also, make them ride steel bikes and only drink two water bottles a
> stage.

Can I get a vote for must do their own repairs? How about time penalties
if a small boy stokes the forge for them as they re-braze their own fork?