Will Hincapie move to The Shack?

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Maybe a good move considering he is in the final year or two, thoughts?

cyclingnews.com said:
Lance Armstrong has neither confirmed nor denied speculation that countryman George Hincapie will join him at the RadioShack squad next season.

Speaking to Outside magazine online, Armstrong didn't hide the fact that Hincapie could be riding in his team next season. When asked: "Who are you bringing with you to the RadioShack team? What about George Hincapie?" The reply was an ambiguous, "He’s already committed. Has been since before we got our funding."

Probably his best move and his best chance to be highlighted in a few stage wins.If he moves to "Cellphone & battery team" Lance will take care of his boy.

I will go out on a limb and say no. Only because I believed his interview that he's happy at Columbia and said he enjoyed cycling again...that he's enjoyed the experience of being the vet and team mentor type person. Of course that's probably all hype, and they all switch teams all the time. But it just seemed sincere that he had found himself happier there than he expected.

Not that I'm the greatest judge of sincerity. :p

I hope he juices to the extreme and blows away the field on a mountaintop finish.

Then, after the finish, his heart explodes.

I think he'll go to the shack. Could be an iteresting team, it appears as if they'll be doing more than just road cycling races.

steve said:
Maybe a good move considering he is in the final year or two, thoughts?

I just heard Sly Stallone and grampaw Simpson have signed up....should be a cracker in 2010.