Will I be Able to convert... (Aero Max)

Publey

May 15, 2013
I Have a Cannondale Quik CX 3 and its my commuter... I am use to road bikes so I am enjoying the ability to abuse this one just a little. The front suspension has been amazing on my wrists and being able to work 10 hrs and not be tired after the ride home is even better. Now here is the question I bought a Wheelset of Aero Max Alloys and the specs are
  • Freehub Type:Shimano 7,8,9 and 10spd ( note: 7 speed will need spacer)
  • 24 spoke aero double wall alloy rims, machined sidewalls and black flat matt finish
  • Axle Length: front 110mm, rear 140mm
  • Weight: Front 873g / Rear 1158g / Pair 2031g
  • Stainless Steel Black aero 3.0mm spokes
Will I be able to convert these to the disc brakes that came on the Quik?

Maybe I'm missing something but the Aeromax Alloy wheelsets I see on line are not disc brake compatible but your bike is. Maybe they make another version of this wheelset with standard disc brake mounting holes but you cannot add disc brakes to a non disc hubset.

That and the 140mm axle on the rear hub is a bit odd for a road hub.

-Dave

Well you could but that will almost certainly be a more expensive route than simply buying the correct wheels. Unless you're very lucky the spokes will not be the same length between the different hubs and unless you've built bike wheels before you'll have to pay someone to do the tear down and rebuild.

I'd look for something like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/700c-Cyclocross-Disc-Wheelset-/140980414971?pt=US_Wheels_Wheelsets&hash=item20d31669fb

Or something else that's set up and ready to go for a disc braked bike.

-Dave

Yep building wheels is a pain... or can be.. been a while, and this is my first disc bike. so yep im in the market for wheels if anyone has more suggestions lol. thanks for your help Dave.