Will I GET cancer?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mike, Mar 17, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
    cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer

    I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
    wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish ,not
    too much meat/never seriously sick

    is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
    check myself regulary with cancer markers?

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
    > cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer
    >
    > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
    > wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish
    > ,not too much meat/never seriously sick
    >
    > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
    > check myself regulary with cancer markers?
    >
    > Mike

    Yikes!!!!!!!! Lighting Bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sometimes, when human beings are getting away with things
    they shouldn't
    (J) , God send down and avenging angel. J will have pay the
    pied piper.......

    The fat lady song (J) is deceit, fraud, and murder! As a
    crony for the medical establishment!!!!!!

    http://www.alternativescentral.com/manipulation-
    medicalmafia.htm

    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cancer+cover+up&vst=0

    God spoke through the Old Testament prophet Hosea-"my people
    are destroyed for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6)

    http://www.aspecialplace.net/InspirationCornerII/power_of_t-
    he_cross.htm

    USE your popular search engine such as yahoo etc. Type
    key words "cancer cover up", "cancer microbe", "cancer
    cause cure cover up" and see what kind of hits come up
    and how many ther are, you might just be surprized well
    some of your will

    http://www.sciradio.com/articles/cancercoverup.htm http://www.alternativescentral.com/manipulation-
    medicalmafia.htm

    http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

    You going to let the medical stablishment continue to
    brainwash???

    for your money

    http://www.healingdaily.com/conditions/politics-of-
    cancer.htm

    100 billion a year

    http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

    doc

  3. J

    J Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
    > cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer
    >
    > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
    > wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish
    > ,not too much meat/never seriously sick
    >
    > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
    > check myself regulary with cancer markers?
    >
    > Mike

    life and aging is a risk for cancer(s) However, you may
    want to search (the internet) on how to examine yourself
    for male breast cancer and later in life, ask your doctor
    how early you should get a DRE (digital-rectal) and/or
    PSA.(prostate) http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
    and-ovarian J

  4. Alayne

    Alayne Guest

    "doc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Yikes!!!!!!!! Lighting Bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >

    > doc
    >

    > I do my best!! Here is an interesting thought, ever read
    > the fairy tale
    The Three Billy Goats Gruff? Something about a Troll living
    under a bridge...and various sized goats wishing to cross?
    Wonder what would happen if an entire Motorcycle Chapter
    just happened to need to cross that bridge on their way to a
    rally.......!!

    Hugs Now

    Alayne

  5. "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
    > cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer
    >
    > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
    > wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish
    > ,not too much meat/never seriously
    sick

    > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
    > check myself regulary with cancer markers?
    >
    > Mike

    Well I think you can discount the ovarian and breast cancers
    and the laryngeal cancer was almost certainly a result of
    the smoking so apart from whatever passive smoke you got I
    think you can discount that too. Your chances of getting a
    terminal cancer are , like the rest of us, about 1 in
    3.Unless you know yourself to be in a particular risk group
    I would continue with your healthy eating and exercise and
    forget about it. MIKE

  6. P

    P Guest

    "J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
    > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
    > > cancer
    > >
    > > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass
    > > of wine
    daily/pretty
    > > healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish ,not too much
    > > meat/never seriously
    sick

    > > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should
    > > I check myself regulary with cancer markers?
    > >
    > > Mike
    >
    > life and aging is a risk for cancer(s) However, you may
    > want to search (the internet) on how to examine yourself
    for
    > male breast cancer and later in life, ask your doctor how
    > early you should get a DRE (digital-rectal) and/or
    > PSA.(prostate) http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
    > and-ovarian J

    At our last meeting of our cancer support group they had a
    genetic counceler come and give is a talk. It was very
    interesting She could map the chances of a family members
    chance of getting cancer. And I think she said a lot of
    insurances cover this type of testing now.

    As a survivor of ovarian cancer I think I would be
    interested in knowing if I have the gene mutation that
    predisposed me to this. I might get this done in the future.

    Here I did a search on webmd for genetic counseling cancer
    http://my.webmd.com/search/search_results?query=genetic+cou-
    nseling+cancer&fi lter=mywebmd_all_filter

  7. P

    P Guest

    "J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
    > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
    > > cancer
    > >
    > > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass
    > > of wine
    daily/pretty
    > > healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish ,not too much
    > > meat/never seriously
    sick

    > > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should
    > > I check myself regulary with cancer markers?
    > >
    > > Mike
    >
    > life and aging is a risk for cancer(s) However, you may
    > want to search (the internet) on how to examine yourself
    for
    > male breast cancer and later in life, ask your doctor how
    > early you should get a DRE (digital-rectal) and/or
    > PSA.(prostate) http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
    > and-ovarian J

    Here's another link that didn't show in the list http://my.-
    webmd.com/content/article/45/1811_50454.htm?lastselectedgui-
    d={5FE8 4E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

  8. J

    J Guest

    Mike Radcliffe wrote:

    > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
    > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
    > > cancer
    > >
    > > I'm 26/male/

    I differ (assuming his sister is around the same age or <50
    years old).

    http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
    and-ovarian

    and it's easy to say "forget it" and it's best to not dwell
    on, but some people, especially males "forget it" for far
    too long. IMO (till they end up diagnosed with one or other
    cancer in their 50's or 60's_ So what's the problem with
    awareness of breast and prostate cancers in males, Mike? J

  9. Steph

    Steph Guest

    "J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mike Radcliffe wrote:
    >
    > > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
    > > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
    > > > cancer
    > > >
    > > > I'm 26/male/
    >
    > I differ (assuming his sister is around the same age or
    > <50 years old).
    >
    > http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
    > and-ovarian
    >
    > and it's easy to say "forget it" and it's best to not
    > dwell on, but some
    people,
    > especially males "forget it" for far too long. IMO (till
    > they end up
    diagnosed
    > with one or other cancer in their 50's or 60's_ So
    > what's the problem with awareness of breast and prostate
    > cancers in
    males,
    > Mike? J

    Awareness is one thing, but a crippled life from worry is
    another..........

  10. "J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Mike Radcliffe wrote:
    >
    > > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
    > > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
    > > > cancer
    > > >
    > > > I'm 26/male/
    >
    > I differ (assuming his sister is around the same age or
    > <50 years old).
    >
    > http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
    > and-ovarian
    >
    > and it's easy to say "forget it" and it's best to not
    > dwell on, but some
    people,
    > especially males "forget it" for far too long. IMO (till
    > they end up
    diagnosed
    > with one or other cancer in their 50's or 60's_ So
    > what's the problem with awareness of breast and prostate
    > cancers in
    males,
    > Mike? J

    I did say 'unless you are in a particular risk group' J .
    This would include us over 50's (well, me anyway) who should
    perhaps get some sort of regular check. What we don't want
    to do is spend the other 365 (leap year) days of the year
    worrying about it, thereby lie other problems potentially
    much more debilitating. MIKE

  11. In sci.med.diseases.cancer Mike <[email protected]> wrote:

    > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
    > check myself regulary with cancer markers?

    Well, if you live in the US, the "official" estimate of
    developing cancer in your liftime (for all males) was one in
    three, last time I checked...

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
    _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  12. "Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Mike
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should
    > > I check myself regulary with cancer markers?
    >
    > Well, if you live in the US, the "official" estimate of
    > developing cancer in your liftime (for all males) was one
    > in three, last time I checked...

    Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all was
    one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
    biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
    change that.....

  13. In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
    > was one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
    > biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
    > change that.....

    Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
    _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  14. Steph

    Steph Guest

    "Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
    > > was one in one,
    and
    > > that despite billions/year spent on biomedical research.
    > > Worrying about
    it
    > > is not going to change that.....
    >
    > Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

    Your boyfriend is touting immortality now, is he, Chris?

  15. Emily

    Emily Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
    > > was one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
    > > biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
    > > change that.....
    >
    > Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

    # If you're enlightened and you know it clap one hand...

  16. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
    > > was one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
    > > biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
    > > change that.....
    >
    > Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

    Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change your
    odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do

  17. In sci.med.diseases.cancer Orac <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
    > your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?

    I don't know, but that's what various gurus throughout
    history have claimed. Me, I take great comfort in my
    mortality. The thought that I would have to live forever is
    truly horrific to me. OTOH, I do take pains to maintain
    myself in the meantime... ;^]

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
    _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  18. J

    J Guest

    Orac wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]
    > sgroups.com>, "Kristofer D. Dale"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at
    > > > all was one in one, and that despite billions/year
    > > > spent on biomedical research. Worrying about it is not
    > > > going to change that.....
    > >
    > > Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]
    >
    > Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
    > your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?
    > --

    Asking, when you reply to Kristofer that you please remove
    alt.support.cancer Each time he replies he gets to "spam"
    the other newsgroup with his vitaltheraputics website.
    Please/thanks, J

  19. Steph

    Steph Guest

    "Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Orac <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
    > > your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?
    >
    > I don't know, but that's what various gurus throughout
    > history have claimed. Me, I take great comfort in my
    > mortality. The thought that I would have to live forever
    > is truly horrific to me.

    Me too, Chris, me too..............

  20. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Orac <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
    > > your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?
    >
    > I don't know, but that's what various gurus throughout
    > history have claimed.

    All of whom died or will die.

    >Me, I take great comfort in my mortality. The thought that
    >I would have to live forever is truly horrific to me.

    Why?

    [Snip]