Will I GET cancer?

Mike

Guest
Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer

I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish ,not
too much meat/never seriously sick

is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
check myself regulary with cancer markers?

Mike

Mike wrote:
> Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
> cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer
>
> I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
> wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish
> ,not too much meat/never seriously sick
>
> is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
> check myself regulary with cancer markers?
>
> Mike

Yikes!!!!!!!! Lighting Bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, when human beings are getting away with things
they shouldn't
(J) , God send down and avenging angel. J will have pay the
pied piper.......

The fat lady song (J) is deceit, fraud, and murder! As a
crony for the medical establishment!!!!!!

http://www.alternativescentral.com/manipulation-
medicalmafia.htm

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cancer+cover+up&vst=0

God spoke through the Old Testament prophet Hosea-"my people
are destroyed for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6)

http://www.aspecialplace.net/InspirationCornerII/power_of_t-
he_cross.htm

USE your popular search engine such as yahoo etc. Type
key words "cancer cover up", "cancer microbe", "cancer
cause cure cover up" and see what kind of hits come up
and how many ther are, you might just be surprized well
some of your will

http://www.sciradio.com/articles/cancercoverup.htm http://www.alternativescentral.com/manipulation-
medicalmafia.htm

http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

You going to let the medical stablishment continue to
brainwash???

for your money

http://www.healingdaily.com/conditions/politics-of-
cancer.htm

100 billion a year

http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

doc

Mike wrote:

> Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
> cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer
>
> I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
> wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish
> ,not too much meat/never seriously sick
>
> is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
> check myself regulary with cancer markers?
>
> Mike

life and aging is a risk for cancer(s) However, you may
want to search (the internet) on how to examine yourself
for male breast cancer and later in life, ask your doctor
how early you should get a DRE (digital-rectal) and/or
PSA.(prostate) http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
and-ovarian J

"doc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Yikes!!!!!!!! Lighting Bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> doc
>

> I do my best!! Here is an interesting thought, ever read
> the fairy tale
The Three Billy Goats Gruff? Something about a Troll living
under a bridge...and various sized goats wishing to cross?
Wonder what would happen if an entire Motorcycle Chapter
just happened to need to cross that bridge on their way to a
rally.......!!

Hugs Now

Alayne

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister - ovarian
> cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast cancer
>
> I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass of
> wine daily/pretty healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish
> ,not too much meat/never seriously
sick

> is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
> check myself regulary with cancer markers?
>
> Mike

Well I think you can discount the ovarian and breast cancers
and the laryngeal cancer was almost certainly a result of
the smoking so apart from whatever passive smoke you got I
think you can discount that too. Your chances of getting a
terminal cancer are , like the rest of us, about 1 in
3.Unless you know yourself to be in a particular risk group
I would continue with your healthy eating and exercise and
forget about it. MIKE

"J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike wrote:
>
> > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
> > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
> > cancer
> >
> > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass
> > of wine
daily/pretty
> > healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish ,not too much
> > meat/never seriously
sick

> > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should
> > I check myself regulary with cancer markers?
> >
> > Mike
>
> life and aging is a risk for cancer(s) However, you may
> want to search (the internet) on how to examine yourself
for
> male breast cancer and later in life, ask your doctor how
> early you should get a DRE (digital-rectal) and/or
> PSA.(prostate) http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
> and-ovarian J

At our last meeting of our cancer support group they had a
genetic counceler come and give is a talk. It was very
interesting She could map the chances of a family members
chance of getting cancer. And I think she said a lot of
insurances cover this type of testing now.

As a survivor of ovarian cancer I think I would be
interested in knowing if I have the gene mutation that
predisposed me to this. I might get this done in the future.

Here I did a search on webmd for genetic counseling cancer
http://my.webmd.com/search/search_results?query=genetic+cou-
nseling+cancer&fi lter=mywebmd_all_filter

"J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike wrote:
>
> > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
> > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
> > cancer
> >
> > I'm 26/male/caucasian/weight is OK/no smoking/a glass
> > of wine
daily/pretty
> > healthy food - a lot vegs,fruit,fish ,not too much
> > meat/never seriously
sick

> > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should
> > I check myself regulary with cancer markers?
> >
> > Mike
>
> life and aging is a risk for cancer(s) However, you may
> want to search (the internet) on how to examine yourself
for
> male breast cancer and later in life, ask your doctor how
> early you should get a DRE (digital-rectal) and/or
> PSA.(prostate) http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
> and-ovarian J

Here's another link that didn't show in the list http://my.-
webmd.com/content/article/45/1811_50454.htm?lastselectedgui-
d={5FE8 4E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Mike Radcliffe wrote:

> "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
> > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
> > cancer
> >
> > I'm 26/male/

I differ (assuming his sister is around the same age or <50
years old).

http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
and-ovarian

and it's easy to say "forget it" and it's best to not dwell
on, but some people, especially males "forget it" for far
too long. IMO (till they end up diagnosed with one or other
cancer in their 50's or 60's_ So what's the problem with
awareness of breast and prostate cancers in males, Mike? J

"J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Radcliffe wrote:
>
> > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
> > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
> > > cancer
> > >
> > > I'm 26/male/
>
> I differ (assuming his sister is around the same age or
> <50 years old).
>
> http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
> and-ovarian
>
> and it's easy to say "forget it" and it's best to not
> dwell on, but some
people,
> especially males "forget it" for far too long. IMO (till
> they end up
diagnosed
> with one or other cancer in their 50's or 60's_ So
> what's the problem with awareness of breast and prostate
> cancers in
males,
> Mike? J

Awareness is one thing, but a crippled life from worry is
another..........

"J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Radcliffe wrote:
>
> > "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Father - larynx cancer caused by smoking Sister -
> > > ovarian cancer Grandmother from mother side - breast
> > > cancer
> > >
> > > I'm 26/male/
>
> I differ (assuming his sister is around the same age or
> <50 years old).
>
> http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/genetics/breast-
> and-ovarian
>
> and it's easy to say "forget it" and it's best to not
> dwell on, but some
people,
> especially males "forget it" for far too long. IMO (till
> they end up
diagnosed
> with one or other cancer in their 50's or 60's_ So
> what's the problem with awareness of breast and prostate
> cancers in
males,
> Mike? J

I did say 'unless you are in a particular risk group' J .
This would include us over 50's (well, me anyway) who should
perhaps get some sort of regular check. What we don't want
to do is spend the other 365 (leap year) days of the year
worrying about it, thereby lie other problems potentially
much more debilitating. MIKE

In sci.med.diseases.cancer Mike <[email protected]> wrote:

> is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should I
> check myself regulary with cancer markers?

Well, if you live in the US, the "official" estimate of
developing cancer in your liftime (for all males) was one in
three, last time I checked...

--
_o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
_____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

"Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In sci.med.diseases.cancer Mike
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > is probability of getting cancer high in my case? should
> > I check myself regulary with cancer markers?
>
> Well, if you live in the US, the "official" estimate of
> developing cancer in your liftime (for all males) was one
> in three, last time I checked...

Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all was
one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
change that.....

In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander <[email protected]> wrote:

> Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
> was one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
> biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
> change that.....

Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

--
_o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
_____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

"Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
> > was one in one,
and
> > that despite billions/year spent on biomedical research.
> > Worrying about
it
> > is not going to change that.....
>
> Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

Your boyfriend is touting immortality now, is he, Chris?

[email protected] said...
> In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
> > was one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
> > biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
> > change that.....
>
> Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

# If you're enlightened and you know it clap one hand...

In article <[email protected]>,
"Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote:

> In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at all
> > was one in one, and that despite billions/year spent on
> > biomedical research. Worrying about it is not going to
> > change that.....
>
> Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]

Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change your
odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do

In sci.med.diseases.cancer Orac <[email protected]> wrote:

> Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
> your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?

I don't know, but that's what various gurus throughout
history have claimed. Me, I take great comfort in my
mortality. The thought that I would have to live forever is
truly horrific to me. OTOH, I do take pains to maintain
myself in the meantime... ;^]

--

Orac wrote:

> In article <[email protected]
> sgroups.com>, "Kristofer D. Dale"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In sci.med.diseases.cancer Jan den Hollander
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Last time I checked chances of dying of any cause at
> > > all was one in one, and that despite billions/year
> > > spent on biomedical research. Worrying about it is not
> > > going to change that.....
> >
> > Yet becoming "enlightened" will... ;^]
>
> Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
> your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?
> --

Asking, when you reply to Kristofer that you please remove
alt.support.cancer Each time he replies he gets to "spam"
the other newsgroup with his vitaltheraputics website.
Please/thanks, J

"Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In sci.med.diseases.cancer Orac <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
> > your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?
>
> I don't know, but that's what various gurus throughout
> history have claimed. Me, I take great comfort in my
> mortality. The thought that I would have to live forever
> is truly horrific to me.

Me too, Chris, me too..............

In article <[email protected]>,
"Kristofer D. Dale" <[email protected]> wrote:

> In sci.med.diseases.cancer Orac <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that becoming "enlightened" will change
> > your odds of dying of any cause from its present 100%?
>
> I don't know, but that's what various gurus throughout
> history have claimed.

All of whom died or will die.

>Me, I take great comfort in my mortality. The thought that
>I would have to live forever is truly horrific to me.

Why?

[Snip]