Will Klöden léave Astana

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by cyclingheroes, Aug 11, 2007.

1. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Andreas Klöden critized Kashechkin and did not join the Astana training camp. He also said he will speak with his management about his future in the sport:
    http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id830.html

Tags:

2. Klodifan

Klodifan New Member

do you think his decision to train on his own is a proactive move to secure his invite to world's? I think it is a good tactic and a first step to separate himself from astana. Surely the fed should see this as a positive stance and not barr him from the event.

3. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

About time he distanced himself from the team too IMO. If he's any chance of riding the world's he needs to persuade his federation he's not just another of the Astana dopers - may be too late for that. I can't see his future lying with the Astana team either, can't see how the team will even exist this time next year.

4. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned

It certainly doesn't help that he left T-Mobile and their new anti-doping program, with a chance to be a leader in order to go to Astana.

5. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

Made him look like a thief on the run

6. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Andreas knows what's going on behind the scene. He knows he has to leave Astana if he wants to race another TdF. I think the worlds are just a way to finish the season with at least some satisfaction. The rumour mill says... no I did not publish what the mill says, because its A just a rumour and B... well I think about a second reason. A small tip: It's about a possible new team...

7. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Ah yeah the famous anti-doping programm written by Doc Heinrich and Doc Schmidt, the guys who are investigated by German state prosecuters and the federal police for providing epo and other ped's.

But I read it every day, the smoke screen worked. If you would have been at the TM reception after the 2006 Tour (long before the programm was announced) you would have known that its over between Klöden and TM.

8. Klodifan

Klodifan New Member

people keep repeating this as if that was the reason he left TM. it isnt true.

9. Klodifan

Klodifan New Member

yeah, he isn't naive and knows the score.

intriguing tip! keep us posted...

10. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned

Did I say that was the reason? No, I just posted that he did. You don't think it looks terrible to leave a team that is going to a strict anti-doping program where you are going to be the undisputed GT man for a team that comes out of a team nailed for systematic doping riding for a rider you did not get along with?

11. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

The point is that he decided to leave the team BEFORE they announced the Heinrich and Schmidt programm (I preferr to call it that way, to help people remember who wrote the strict programm)

Edit: Typo

12. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned

But you should know that on this forum facts mean little when it comes to calling someone a doper...especially if they ride for Disco. (note: I have no proof, I am not calling him a doper and I have no reason to dispute what you say. Though going to Astana certainly puts some doubt in the mind)

13. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

I did not and will not call somebody a doper on this forum. Doesn't matter from with or without team, which team etc.

I hate the bashing against team and riders, the main problem is not Vinokourov, not Simpson, not Thurau, the main problem is the system behind it.

Edit: I did not call somebody a doper on this forum WITHOUT HAVING CLEAR EVIDENCE. But even after that I mostly don't call a rider a doper. I need solutions, dozens of banned riders did not change anything because the system is still the same.

14. Doctor.House

Doctor.House New Member

WRONG!

Plenty of facts.

Doping apologies are meaningless and doper apologists belong over at DP.

That's where the freaks live.

15. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

It's late.

16. Serafino

Serafino New Member

Well said!

17. wolfix

wolfix New Member

More then well said...... I would hate to be a champion rider right now with the actions of the ASO & UCI. Why doesn't Walsh and Kimmage do their investigations of the powers in cycling and the way the cycling powers have "allowed" doping over the years.......

18. wolfix

wolfix New Member

Oh no ............ We are not bashing Didi Thurau are we????? Now this forum is stepping on the toes of Ti-Raleigh, the greatest cycling team in the history of the sport...... everyone knows that they were absolutely clean!!!!!!!! And Didi???? He was clean......... I have proof with this pic of him discussing stategy with Rudi Altag.....
    My first cycling poster was of Didi riding his track bike......

19. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Its a well known fact that not one six-day rider from the 60's, 70's or 80's took performance enhancing drugs - Didi especially.:rolleyes:

For all the trouble Herr Thurau used to get in, it does not take away from the fact that he is a top contender for MOST STYLISH LOOKING RIDER OF ALL TIME.

Fantastic looking position on the bike and super smooth. Class all the way.

20. wolfix

wolfix New Member

Those 6 Days had to be a blast to attend. Do they still allow drinking at them? My daughter lives in Copenhagen and when I visit her, I'm going when I can attend a Six Days.