Will Klöden léave Astana

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by cyclingheroes, Aug 11, 2007.

1. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Drinking, smoking, strip shows, bands, artery clogging food. :D

Do a search on youtube and see if you can find some footage of the sixes. There's a few clips on there.

2. Tim Lamkin

Tim Lamkin New Member

It was all because of the dollars.....$$$$$$$

3. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

I feel sorry for kleodin clean or not, he got treated badly in the team he'sin, i hope he goews to another team and becomes team leader, he is a genuine 3 week race contender. As for Moderators cleaning up the dopeing posts well, it would be difficult ( I personally dont like the posts) more than half the posts here are about dopeing, thats alot and I guess everyone has the right to there own opinion. I would how ever ( as brought up in a previous thread ) wish that if someone starts a thread and states no dopeing talk that people respect there wishes, and the moderators intervened and edited anyone posting on these threads about dopeing.

4. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

?????? Why do people think there is money in cycling ? there's not..... its a shitfully paid sport......

5. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

I will be in Dortmund (Germany) and one of the Belgium Six Days (probebly Ghent). Six Days in belgium are the best and I already told you about the Belgium beer.

By the way, Didi's son is looking good on the bike as well, I made a few pics of him this season (U23).

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Ullrich to win TDF. Well son of Ullrich. Jan is a new Daddy.
    I will PM you CH.

7. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned

Cyclingheros- Did you read the interview with Kloden in the latest issue of ProCycling? Using what people consider as proof of dopers in this forum, he would be guilty. I don't believe that but will say he was very evasive with his answers. One was about leaving T-Mobile to avoid their anti-doping program and he responded by naming who could test him and then saying it was nonsense. He also did not say anything about leaving T-Mobile for any specific reasons or deciding before they made their changes.

8. Tim Lamkin

Tim Lamkin New Member

stop trolling.

9. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

That was actually a good answer. The test programm of TM did not catch Sinkewitz, federations programms did. So he is right: it's nonsense (and I add its TM pr work).

10. wolfix

wolfix New Member

Back to Kloden...... He got screwed in the TDF. I know it was his team that pulled, but it's the method that is being used in cycling that is wrong. This whole thing about being able to punish a rider without proof is killing cycling. Kloeden may well be guilty as anyone, and he has not made the smartest moves by riding for T-M and Astana if he wants to scream innocence. But there is no proof. He has to be allowed to ride.
    With actions like this the ASO/UCI are punishing the fans and sponsors of Kloden. { no one specific on this board]
    And how are these riders suppose to respond when the journals are all over them. They are bike riders, not speech writers.

cyclingheros....... I'm getting the impression in Germany there is a movement of certain people to hang riders connected, or allegedly connected to doping. I don't think we have seen this with other nationalities, have we? Is it the state or just individuals in Germany that are behind this?

11. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

There is a seachange, Wolf, with regard to the tolerance of doping in the sport.

The race organisers in Germany have come to the conclusion that riders perceived to have doped are bad for business.
    Whether that perception of doping is correct or not, is immaterial.
    The fact is that riders thought to have doped are not welcome to race.

Some team sponsors have started to adopt the same attitude as well.
    They don't want their product linked to someone who cheats and the fallout that entails.

But ultimately it's the UCI's fault - because doping was allowed to flourish even after the wakeup call.

I believe what we are currently seeing in the sport is an attempt by part of the sport to break away from the doping culture.
    Of course the vested interests (dopers/ teams who promote doping/ dope doctors/UCI) don't want the sport to be freed from the past.

12. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

I believe the same seachange occurred to Discovery.... yes they had sponsors who wanted to sign up.... but the sponsors would have also wanted a public anti-doping programme in the team..... it wouldn't have worked and would have gone against the grain of what Bruyneel and Armstrong wanted………

13. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Well... there is something like that but they only hang riders which are either mentioned, or they start mention names by themselves and hang them after that. But yes there is a kind of allience who is doing that. This allience is also going after Levefere...

14. rob of the og

rob of the og New Member

No, it was impossible for Klöden to stay at TMo after what had happened with Ullrich. You'd have to be inhuman to imagine that someone would want to stay with an employer who had done that to your friend and colleague once you consider what we now know about the previous official 'medication' policy at Telekom/TMo. But he would have had his pick of teams to go and ride for: Gerolsteiner for example were a German-based team who were looking for a new team leader, that had a group of strong young riders who would be ideal to support a Tour bid by an established overall contender, but they were also forming a policy to at least look clean. Klöden would have made a lot of friends by going there and would have been seen as the great redeamer for pro cycling in Germany if he'd challenged for the Tour with them.

Instead he went to a team that we have all long suspected as dodgy, and even then knowing that he wouldn't be the leader for the big races. It was a seemingly bizarre decision for a rider in his position to take, unless you think that he had something to hide. The same applied to Matthias Kessler.

15. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

There were other reason for the decision to go to Astana.

16. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

You just don't want tu understand do you? Please start bashing riders! With posts like this you will never get popular on this forum!

17. Fisher79

Fisher79 New Member

Well one of the rumours about the move to Astana was that Klöden agreed to ride for Vino this year (and we saw some of that -- him losing over a minute to pace him to the line, for example) in exchange for Klöden getting the support of the team the following year. In my opinion, its not a stupid deal to make. Klöden would have had a very strong team behind him, with Kash and Savoldelli working for him the next year.

But anyway, I hope he's able to ride next year at the Tour, new team or not.

18. Cobblestones

Cobblestones New Member

What are the odds on that we've seen the last of team Astana? And if so, what are Kloden's options? Where might he go? Probably not a good time to fing a new team, since he seems to be one of the targeted riders, and then there's all the Disco riders looking for new teams as well.

19. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned

It might be nonsense, but being answering a comment about people thinking you left a team with a new strict anti-doping program, with a list of who can test you and calling it nonsense does not engender a lot of confidence that you did not leave for the rumored reason.

20. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

A lot hinged on Ullrich getting a license which never happened and that forced "plan b".