Will Klöden léave Astana

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by cyclingheroes, Aug 11, 2007.

1. wolfix

wolfix New Member

I'm starting to get the impression thatT-M controls most everything around it. I know someone who works with the T-M advertising account here in the states, [non-cycling] and they are a powerful company.

2. jonjungel

jonjungel New Member

I thought it was the TMOB program that caught him. IIRC, the positive result was from an internal out of competition test at a training camp in the beginning of june.

As for Heinrich and Schmidt, I agree that it's somewhat problematic.

3. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Correct: they are buying themselves in everywhere...

Cycling:
    They are sponsoring many amateur races across Europe. A growing number of pro races as well. The rumour mill says that the Cologn classic (Germany's oldest race, next year 100 years old) will have a new start next year, the new start will be in Bonn (at the headquarters of..). They also have a new main sponsor...

4. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

No - anti-doping testers of the German NADA caught him. They did an unexpected out of competition test at the training camp.

Actually there were a few funny answers from Stapleton after Sinke was caught. Like: well our programm is not to detect substances like that, that's NADA's job. Took only a few hours then he was repeating the TM language again and again. But in those first few hours it was interesting...

5. Gregers

Gregers New Member

So much for logitudinal testing. Just another front?

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Where have I heard that before? Oh ,it was from myself.

7. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

They're a vast company, Wolf.

And TM's investment in cycling is peanuts compared to what they put in to other sports here in Europe.

8. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

That is interesting to note. What testing was the federation doing that T-Mob isn't? T Mob are selling the idea that it is impossible to dope on their team and that their programme caught Sink but obviously not. I'd like to hear Stapelton provide an answer. Can you arrange an interview CH - I'm sure you've a few Qs of your own?

9. Doctor.House

Doctor.House New Member

TM cycling budget is peanuts. That's why doping is irrelevant to them---results matter most.

Just like Goldman & Sach dumping $2 BILLION into a new Walll Street Fund as a feeeble attempt to call out a bottom in the equity markets and in their stock price. (With a $77 BILLION market Capitalization, $2 BILLION = peanuts too) especially after they already lost $40 BILLION is share value in the past ten days.

Smoke and mirrors is what marketing is based upon.

Ever seen a magic show?????

10. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned

Cyclingheros- So why did he not say the same thing again? Sorry but you and others have villified people for answering questions the exact same way. Why is ok for Kloden but not for others?

11. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

I never complained about a rider that did not answer a question in the same way. I alwas hope they tell me something that somebody else doesn't have..

12. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Sorry, but CH is on of the least critical posters on this forum.
    Now if you want to attack me I understand,afterall I am an asshole and know it.

13. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Yes I could and some day I will but at the moment I am after another story which is pretty complicated and setting up 2 new projects.

I guess I will have a pre publication of the story on the CH site after the weekend. In October or November there will be a video about this story. I will do some pre-work in the Netherlands during the weekend for it but the complete video will be shot in Italy (Fall). After that I will have time for Bob...(as that's a bigger issue I want to prepare well and take my time.

The videos will be available on the net as well and... in English.

14. cyclingheroes

cyclingheroes New Member

Thanks for that.

I didn't know that you were an *sshole, although I should have known it, I always thought it was quite suspicious that you don't support the riders bashing on the forum.:D

15. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I attempt to take advantage of my inate talents.

16. ??? 3/4 ? 1/4

??? 3/4 ? 1/4 Banned