Will Lance ride more races?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Braves Fan Deluxe, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. It depends on if he really thinks he has/hasn't a shot at eclipsing Merckx

    Tags:

  2. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    Lance is contractually obligated to race next year. I think it might be as much of a favor to everyone who is part of the Postal team. Lance's willingness to race gives everyone from the Bruyneel to the cook a 3 Year contract. Of course Lance still wants to race for his own sake, but he is not passing Merckx, unless. Lance wins LBL PR the Giro, Tour and Vuelta and wins the World Championship, and that all will not happen.

  3. kaiser

    kaiser Guest

    Merckx tried to win races othen than the TDF. Lance might get the US
    press talking by continuing to race, but he'll never get the Europeans
    to write Merckx-level flattery about him unless he keeps racing and
    starts trying to win races all season long. To touch Merckx, he'd
    have to keep racing well into his 40's.

    "Braves Fan Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It depends on if he really thinks he has/hasn't a shot at eclipsing Merckx

  4. Art Harris

    Art Harris Guest

    "Braves Fan Deluxe" wrote:
    > It depends on if he really thinks he has/hasn't a shot at eclipsing Merckx

    Eclipsing Merckx? He'd have to race another ten years.

    Art H.