Will Lances kids be great cyclists one day?

[email protected] wrote:
> All that
> said, and assuming his kids take up cycling, the odds are good they'll
> turn pro just by the fact that they have a lot of money and support and
> a lot of people will want to try to create Luke Armstrong, the 8 time
> TdF champion.

I think the wealth factor makes it almost impossible that they'll
turn pro. Professional cycling is not really a valid career choice
for anyone, and certainly not for wealthy American kids.

If Axel had grown up anywhere besides Belgium he never would have
followed his dad.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:16:31 +0800, Zoom <[email protected]> wrote:

>If a large part of Lances success is due to his genetics, what are the
>chances of one of Lances kids being on the podium in years to come?

I have no idea, but bringing up genetics gives me a chance to brag a
bit. I was visiting my son's family a few weeks ago and brought along
my MTB. He'd just gotten a new Trek Fuel EX 7 and wanted to ride the
Potowatomie Trail (near Ann Arbor, Michigan) with me. As a committed
roadie I went along, but admittedly didn't do all that well.

But that's not the point. His daughter Aly (my granddaughter) had
recently turned four and just that week (while he was away; he's an
airline pilot) she had taught herself to ride. So she wanted to go for
a ride with us. We went out to Hudson Mills Metropark, which has a
series of paved trails, and Aly did 4.5 miles about five days after
her first two-wheeler ride. Must be genetics! ;-)

Joseph J. wrote:

> I'll take that $50 now. Not only did they make it to the Tour, they
> were on the Freeking podium.

Talk about riding coat tails...