Fisher Zebrano hybrid, had two eyelet-things on each side of the frame
on the arms that go down to the rear wheel stays. This one doesn't
have that, it just has one hole through the center of the 3-inch
crossbar thing that goes between the two arms right behind the braking
mechanism. Can a rack attach to this somehow? There are holes down
at the bottom of the stays for the bottom of the rack to attach to.

Thanks,
Dan

On 2008-05-20, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I bought a GT Aggressor 1.0 off of a coworker to tide me over until I
> find a better used commuter/road bike, but after putting more suitable
> commuting tires on, I find I might ride this one out through next year
> or so.
>
> I need to attach a rack to the back, but my prior bike, a 1993 Gary
> Fisher Zebrano hybrid, had two eyelet-things on each side of the frame
> on the arms that go down to the rear wheel stays. This one doesn't
> have that, it just has one hole through the center of the 3-inch
> crossbar thing that goes between the two arms right behind the braking
> mechanism. Can a rack attach to this somehow? There are holes down
> at the bottom of the stays for the bottom of the rack to attach to.

Yes it's no problem. The rack either comes with some bolts and short
lengths of plastic-coated steel sheet to wrap around the seat stays or
they're sold separately for a small amount.

So long as you've got the holes at the bottom, which you have, it's
easy.

Many bikes don't have the braze-ons at the top.

On May 20, 4:45 pm, Ben C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2008-05-20, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I bought a GT Aggressor 1.0 off of a coworker to tide me over until I
> > find a better used commuter/road bike, but after putting more suitable
> > commuting tires on, I find I might ride this one out through next year
> > or so.

> > I need to attach a rack to the back, but my prior bike, a 1993 Gary
> > Fisher Zebrano hybrid, had two eyelet-things on each side of the frame
> > on the arms that go down to the rear wheel stays. This one doesn't
> > have that, it just has one hole through the center of the 3-inch
> > crossbar thing that goes between the two arms right behind the braking
> > mechanism. Can a rack attach to this somehow? There are holes down
> > at the bottom of the stays for the bottom of the rack to attach to.

> Yes it's no problem. The rack either comes with some bolts and short
> lengths of plastic-coated steel sheet to wrap around the seat stays or
> they're sold separately for a small amount.
>
> So long as you've got the holes at the bottom, which you have, it's
> easy.
>
> Many bikes don't have the braze-ons at the top.

Hi,
Thanks for the information!

Thanks,
Dan