Will My New Invention Help Others With Airing Up Their Tires?

Rapido1

Feb 25, 2015
Hi Fellow Cyclists,
After a crash that broke bones in my hand, I found it difficult to use the already difficult to use cheap and flimsy heads that come on many pumps. I set off to create a new type of pump head that only requires one hand to use. I welcome your feedback!
Check it out here on Kickstarter..

Thanks!!
Cliff

6289267f23bc9428594c29dee2aa8d88_original.gif

All the pumps I've used over 44 years of cycling only required one hand to push on and pull off the chuck.

After you one-handed the chuck did you then pump the tire up with only one hand?

I have no serious complaints about most of the pump heads I'm currently familiar with and your head would not compel me to run out and buy a new pump or head next week. On the other hand, this would be at the top of my list for a replacement head, or on my short list for a replacement pump should the one I'm now using kick the bucket.

I'm a fool for stupid-simple, and it looks like you hit it.

Though I hate those screw-on valves, but a good metal flip-top valve is usually the best I have tried. Is yours metal or plastic? Plastic always comes apart in one or two uses.

I never push on a nozzle without holding the valve stem. Just asking for a flat.

Use the Force Dweeb Nuts, Obiwan!

TU6000B.jpg

Pulling the chuck off the stem I will use two hands if the seal washer is on a threaded stem and I pushed it on too far. I can see the OP's chuck offering a benefit if it goes on and off with zero resistance. Still, unless I'm using an air compressor it takes both of my hands to make the Silca handle go down.

Frankly, when using craptastic Bontrager tubes and their fragile stem/rubber joint a zero resistance pump chuck would be a plus.

I don't like external parts like that spring, something that could get damaged or rusty. besides that it looks a bit chunky. But it could be useful on floor pumps for some people but certainly not smaller pumps. to me it's just another spin on an old thing, which means it could sell just because of that.

I really like it! The last air pump I had bit the dust when the head broke apart. Get this, it was hardened metal, and when I was pushing it onto the rubber stem, it busted apart! It's useless now unless I find another head for it.

I like the invention, but it's not something that I need or want to spend extra money on. I'm glad to see that enough people found it useful and pledged past the goal, though. I'd have to agree that the spring on the outside seems like it would get damaged over time and cause issues. I'll stick to traditional bike pumps and options for now.

Springs tend to be very durable. My concern is the plastic although it may not be a problem either.
It looks like it will work better then most if not all pump heads that are out there.

It looks fairly easy to me, though I'm pretty inexperienced. I usually just stop by the shop when I need to air up.

How durable is this model? IF I was going to buy something like that I would want it to last a long time.

Looks pretty good to me to be honest. It may looke a little complicated, but it seems easy enough. I would probably only get thise one though if my old trusty bike pump stops working. It's been a powerhouse for many years and continues to get the job done!