Will off line for a while

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Elaine Kirkham, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of him
    & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot of
    running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all the
    errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time, so I
    just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while to
    say hi. Elaine K

    Tags:

  2. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Elaine, I 'm so sorry to hear that! I did notice you were not posting and I was kinda hoping it was
    due to pc problems and not health problems in the family. I will definitely keep you and your hubby
    in my thoughts... You will be greatly missed. Please do come and say hi once in a while, and let us
    know how hubby 's doing. Meanwhile here 's a huuuuuuge hug for you. {{{{{Elaine}}}}}

    Nathalie W

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    > been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    > him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a
    > lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to
    > all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some
    > time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in
    > a while to say hi. Elaine K

  3. I am so sorry for your troubles, I hope things are better soon, Lee
    Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    > been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    > him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a
    > lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to
    > all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some
    > time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in
    > a while to say hi. Elaine K

  4. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------050506000800090202080107

    Thanks, Nathalie. Elaine K

    Nathalie W wrote:

    >Elaine, I 'm so sorry to hear that! I did notice you were not posting and I was kinda hoping it was
    >due to pc problems and not health problems in the family. I will definitely keep you and your hubby
    >in my thoughts... You will be greatly missed. Please do come and say hi once in a while, and let us
    >know how hubby 's doing. Meanwhile here 's a huuuuuuge hug for you. {{{{{Elaine}}}}}
    >
    >Nathalie W
    >
    >"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    >>been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    >>him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a
    >>lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to
    >>all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some
    >>time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in
    >>a while to say hi. Elaine K

    --------------050506000800090202080107 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    type="cite" cite="midc1dgno[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">Elaine, I 'm so
    sorry to hear that! I did notice you were not posting and I was kinda hoping it was due to pc
    problems and not health problems in the family. I will definitely keep you and your hubby in my
    thoughts... You will be greatly missed. Please do come and say hi once in a while, and let us know
    how hubby 's doing. Meanwhile here 's a huuuuuuge hug for you. {{{{{Elaine}}}}}

    Nathalie W

    "Elaine Kirkham" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:dmr_b.74326$-
    wrap="">Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke
    & I have been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy
    taking care of him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem
    to be doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now
    have to also to all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or
    reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come
    back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K

    --------------050506000800090202080107--

  5. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------030404030307070403030302

    Thanks, Lee. Elaine K

    --------------030404030307070403030302 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">I am so sorry for
    your troubles, I hope things are better soon, Lee Elaine Kirkham <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:dmr_b.74326$-
    wrap="">Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke
    & I have been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy
    taking care of him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem
    to be doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now
    have to also to all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or
    reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come
    back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K

    --------------030404030307070403030302--

  6. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Best for his recovery and best to you for YOURSELF.

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:10:17 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    >been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    >him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot
    >of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all
    >the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time,
    >so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while
    >to say hi. Elaine K

  7. Oh my! I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while and hoped it
    was because you were on holiday or were having computer problems. Alas. I'm sorry to hear about
    husband's stroke, but glad that he's home again. Please try to take as good care of yourself as I
    know you are of him.

    Prairie Roots On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:10:17 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    >been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    >him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot
    >of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all
    >the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time,
    >so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while
    >to say hi. Elaine K

  8. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Sorry to hear about your DH being ill. Hoping the best for a fast recovery. We'll be hear to listen
    if you need to talk.

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    > been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    > him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a
    > lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to
    > all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some
    > time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in
    > a while to say hi. Elaine K

  9. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Elaine Kirkham wrote:
    > Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    > been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    > him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a
    > lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to
    > all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some
    > time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in
    > a while to say hi. Elaine K

    Elaine:

    Take care of your hubby and yourself!! I'll be thinking of you.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

  10. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Oh Elaine, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I have been wondering where you had been, was hoping you
    were just off having fun somewhere. Hang in there dear, I know this has to be incredibly tough and
    stressful for you. Post when you can, and no we are all here praying for and wishing you and your
    husband the best. I am glad to hear he is home from the hospital already, hope he is doing well.
    Please remember to take care of yourself also!!!

    Joyce

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:10:17 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    >been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    >him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot
    >of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all
    >the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time,
    >so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while
    >to say hi. Elaine K

  11. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Elaine Kirkham wrote:

    > Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have
    > been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of
    > him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a
    > lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to
    > all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some
    > time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in
    > a while to say hi. Elaine K

    Sending ((((((HUGS)))))) and good wishes.

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  12. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------000004080803040501070200

    Thanks, Fred. Just about to go to the hospital & only a couple of minutes to myself. Elaine K

    --------------000004080803040501070200 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Thanks, Fred. Just about to go to the hospital & only a couple of minutes to
    cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">Best for his recovery and best to
    you for YOURSELF.

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:10:17 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:

    week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have been very busy with running to the hospital.
    Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of him & preparing his special meals. He does
    not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His
    license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all the errands that he used to do. I
    doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks
    to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K

    --------------000004080803040501070200--

  13. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------010700070101030800020005

    Thanks Prairie Roots. I've only got a couple of minutes now as I have to take my husband to the
    hospital for a test. Elaine K

    --------------010700070101030800020005 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Thanks Prairie Roots. I've only got a couple of minutes now as I have to take my
    type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">Oh my! I was just
    thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen any posts from you for a while and hoped it was because you
    were on holiday or were having computer problems. Alas. I'm sorry to hear about husband's stroke,
    but glad that he's home again. Please try to take as good care of yourself as I know you are of him.

    Prairie Roots On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:10:17 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote:

    week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have been very busy with running to the hospital.
    Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of him & preparing his special meals. He does
    not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His
    license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all the errands that he used to do. I
    doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks
    to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K

    --------------010700070101030800020005--

  14. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------030507000203010009060304

    Thanks Laura. He's no doing to badly, but needs some regular help. I'm just about to take him for a
    test at the hospital, so talk to all later. Elaine K

    --------------030507000203010009060304 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Thanks Laura. He's no doing to badly, but needs some regular help. I'm just about
    wrap="">Sorry to hear about your DH being ill. Hoping the best for a fast recovery. We'll be hear to
    listen if you need to talk.

    "Elaine Kirkham" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a class="moz-txt-link-
    freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:dmr_b.74326$-
    wrap="">Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke
    & I have been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy
    taking care of him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem
    to be doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now
    have to also to all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or
    reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come
    back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K

    --------------030507000203010009060304--

  15. Thanks, Connie. Will report in every once in while & will start reading posts when I get a bit more
    time. Elaine K

    Connie wrote:

    > Elaine Kirkham wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I
    >> have been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking
    >> care of him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be
    >> doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have
    >> to also to all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or
    >> reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come
    >> back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K
    >>

    > Elaine:
    >
    > Take care of your hubby and yourself!! I'll be thinking of you.

  16. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------020100050106010801010309

    Thanks Joyce. It is stressful as I am always wondering when the next stroke will be & how bad
    will it be - but at least he made it through this one with his personality intact & no great
    paralysis. Elaine K

    --------------020100050106010801010309 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    bgcolor="#ffffff"> Thanks Joyce. It is stressful as I am always wondering when the next stroke will
    be & how bad will it be - but at least he made it through this one with his personality intact
    cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap="">Oh Elaine, I'm so sorry to hear
[...]

  17. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------060200000703030508030700

    Thanks Kate. I need all the hugs I can get ;-D Elaine K

    --------------060200000703030508030700 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
    wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="[email protected]"> <pre
    either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I have been very busy
    with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking care of him &
    preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be doing a lot of
    running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have to also to all the
    errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or reading for some time, so I
    just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come back every once in a while

    --------------060200000703030508030700--

  18. Hi, Elaine, You and your husband are in my prayers.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > Thanks, Nathalie. Elaine K
    >
    > Nathalie W wrote:
    >
    > >Elaine, I 'm so sorry to hear that! I did notice you were not posting and
    > >was kinda hoping it was due to pc problems and not health problems in the family. I will
    > >definitely keep you and your hubby in my thoughts... You will be greatly missed. Please do come
    > >and say hi once in a while,
    and
    > >let us know how hubby 's doing. Meanwhile here 's a huuuuuuge hug for
    you.
    > >{{{{{Elaine}}}}}
    > >
    > >Nathalie W
    > >
    > >"Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > >>Sorry I've not been either posting or reading for a week now. My hubby had another stroke & I
    > >>have been very busy with running to the hospital. Now that he is home, I am still busy taking
    > >>care of him & preparing his special meals. He does not require that much help, but I seem to be
    > >>doing a lot of running around on his behalf. His license has also been cancelled, so I now have
    > >>to also to all the errands that he used to do. I doubt I will have much time for posting or
    > >>reading for some time, so I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help & I will come
    > >>back every once in a while to say hi. Elaine K

  19. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    OH Elaine, I'm sorry I missed when you posted this. I hope your hubby is doing alright... wow... you
    are both in my prayers...

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172