Will summer ever get here? -- Please read

Jonathan Fowlie

Guest
Hello,

I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an article about the unseasonably
cold weather in eastern Canada -- specifically Quebec, Ontario and parts of Manitoba.

I need to speak to someone today (Wednesday June 4) from this region who has cancelled a trip or
changed their plans because of the weather.

If you are from this region and have done so, or know someone who has, can you please email me. I
will want to conduct a short interview by phone to discuss how the weather has changed your routine,
habits or plans.

Serious responses only, please.

Best,

Jonathan Fowlie, Reporter, The Globe and Mail.

"Jonathan Fowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an article about the
> unseasonably cold weather in eastern Canada -- specifically Quebec, Ontario and parts of Manitoba.
>
> I need to speak to someone today (Wednesday June 4) from this region who has cancelled a trip or
> changed their plans because of the weather.
>
> If you are from this region and have done so, or know someone who has, can you please email me. I
> will want to conduct a short interview by phone to discuss how the weather has changed your
> routine, habits or plans.
>
> Serious responses only, please.
>
> Best,
>
> Jonathan Fowlie, Reporter, The Globe and Mail.

Weather here in Las Vegas is +15 degrees over the normal highs and lows. In the past week, we have
set three records, two for the daytime high, and one for the highest nighttime low. Laughlin was 124
about a week ago.

Let me know where I can send you some of this.

Steve

In article <KhrDa.62750$MJ5.801@fed1read03>, "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jonathan Fowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an

>Weather here in Las Vegas is +15 degrees over the normal highs and lows. In the past week, we have
>set three records, two for the daytime high, and one for the highest nighttime low. Laughlin was
>124 about a week ago.
>
>Let me know where I can send you some of this.

I was looking at this weeks forcast and mistakenly hit my Vegas Icon, and all I saw were bright
smiling faces, then reality set in and i went back to the right one. All that sun and heat really
gets boring. We in the East have a nice variety of things. Well anyway, its supposd to heat up
starting THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I'm going camping next thusday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I used to live in Barstow.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! greg

In alt.rec.hiking Steve <[email protected]> wrote:
> Weather here in Las Vegas is +15 degrees over the normal highs and lows.

Nice and cool in LA. Light drizzle this morning. Perfect weather!

Ilja.

On 4 Jun 2003 10:15:51 -0700, [email protected] (Old Timer) wrote:

>Why not just follow the example of the New York Times? Stop wasting with facts and interviews -
>make something up!

ROFLMAOPMP... too funny!!!

> "Ilja Friedel" wrote in message: Nice and cool in LA. Light drizzle this morning. Perfect weather!

Yeah? And a hundred miles north of LA in Lake Isabella it is a 104. Awful early this year for
100+ temps.

B~

Gosh, I wish summer would come to this area...only 102 out today!
B.Oliver

"Jonathan Fowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an article about the
> unseasonably cold weather in eastern Canada -- specifically Quebec, Ontario and parts of Manitoba.

nova scotia, new brunswick, prince edward island and newfoundland are not eastern canada?

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:18:54 -0300, "Johnson.." <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jonathan Fowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an article about the
>> unseasonably cold weather in eastern Canada -- specifically Quebec, Ontario and parts of
>> Manitoba.
>
>nova scotia, new brunswick, prince edward island and newfoundland are not eastern canada?

Of course not silly - along with the West they are not even part of Canada. You been sleeping? <G

"Tom Ruta" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:18:54 -0300, "Johnson.." <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Jonathan Fowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an article about the
> >> unseasonably cold weather in eastern Canada -- specifically Quebec, Ontario and parts of
> >> Manitoba.
> >
> >nova scotia, new brunswick, prince edward island and newfoundland are not eastern canada?
> >

> Of course not silly - along with the West they are not even part of Canada. You been sleeping? <G>

my grade 3 teacher back in the 78 told us a story about her father who lived in the praries. he
wanted to mail a package to nova scotia and the post office tried to charge him for postage outside
of the country.

I was also wondering since when was Manitoba considered Eastern Canada, but then again, it is the
Globe and Mail.

Jim

news:[email protected]...

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:10:00 -0230, "Jim Gosse" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Johnson.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Jonathan Fowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I am a reporter for the Globe and Mail in Canada and am working on an article about the
>> > unseasonably cold weather in eastern Canada -- specifically Quebec, Ontario and parts of
>> > Manitoba.
>>
>> nova scotia, new brunswick, prince edward island and newfoundland are not eastern canada?
>>
>I was also wondering since when was Manitoba considered Eastern Canada, but then again, it is the
>Globe and Mail.

Or even Ontario. Parts of Ontario are due north of what the US calls the Mid-West.

To my perspective, Quebec and the Maritime Provinces are clearly "eastern" Canada. Potentially, one
could include Ontario and Nunavut if you look at eastern Canada as the eastern half, but generally
people do not think halves, but thirds.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >I was also wondering since when was Manitoba considered Eastern Canada, but then again, it is the
> >Globe and Mail.
> >
> Or even Ontario. Parts of Ontario are due north of what the US calls the Mid-West.

Indeed yes. Ontario shares a significant chunk of border with Minnesota.

> To my perspective, Quebec and the Maritime Provinces are clearly "eastern" Canada. Potentially,
> one could include Ontario and Nunavut if you look at eastern Canada as the eastern half, but
> generally people do not think halves, but thirds.

West and East in Canada are a question of Attitude. BC, for example, thinks of everybody else as
culture-free eastern bastards. PEI thinks of everybody else as stuckup western bastards. Albertans
think of Manitoba as central. Manitobans think of Ontario as eastern, but themselves as western.
This is because Manitobans are too shy to think of themselves as central.

Ontarians hardly thinks of anybody else at all, even other Ontarians. Each Ontarian is firmly
convinced of a variant of the Ptolemeic theory of the universe.

Geographically, IIRC, the centre of Canada is someplace in northern Manitoba. The east-west dividing
line is in Manitoba, pretty close to Winnipeg. This, combined with the shape of the province, is why
it's called the keystone province. Socks

On 10 Jun 2003 10:12:36 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>> To my perspective, Quebec and the Maritime Provinces are clearly "eastern" Canada. Potentially,
>> one could include Ontario and Nunavut if you look at eastern Canada as the eastern half, but
>> generally people do not think halves, but thirds.
>
>West and East in Canada are a question of Attitude. BC, for example, thinks of everybody else as
>culture-free eastern bastards. PEI thinks of everybody else as stuckup western bastards. Albertans
>think of Manitoba as central. Manitobans think of Ontario as eastern, but themselves as western.
>This is because Manitobans are too shy to think of themselves as central.
>
>Ontarians hardly thinks of anybody else at all, even other Ontarians. Each Ontarian is firmly
>convinced of a variant of the Ptolemeic theory of the universe.

Good thing nothing like that happens in the US. ;-)

Your Ptolemeic theory would explain many people's driving, however.

Stereotypes based on where people live can get amusing, and often are exploited in pop culture.

If I move north a few dozen miles into New Hampshire, will I suddenly become more politically
conservative, or is there some transition time?

Does the water on each side of the Connecticut River differ between Vermont and New Hampshire?