Will this casette work?

Mikey

Guest
I have a Shimano wheel with a 9sp 12-34 casette. If I put this on a Campy Mirage triple setup, and
adjust the rear der so that it cannot shift onto the 34 cog, I think it should work. The rd has a
stated max cog of 28T, but I think it might work with the 8th cog on the casette, which is a 30T. My
chain wrap would be 38, which is just 1 more than the stated 37 for the rd.

Should this work?

Mikey

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:04:17 GMT, "Mikey" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a Shimano wheel with a 9sp 12-34 casette. If I put this on a Campy Mirage triple setup, and
>adjust the rear der so that it cannot shift onto the 34 cog, I think it should work. The rd has a
>stated max cog of 28T, but I think it might work with the 8th cog on the casette, which is a 30T.
>My chain wrap would be 38, which is just 1 more than the stated 37 for the rd.
>
>Should this work?

I shifted my tandem with a 1999, Veloce long cage rear derailleur. The gearing was 12/32 x 52/42/30.
It worked fine but the "b" tension screw was all the way in. The newer Campy derailleurs adjust the
distance to the cogs differently and sometimes don't get the derailleur pulley far enough away from
the large cog. BUT, the 3x10 triple derailleurs, the Record and Centaur, are longer than XT
derailleurs and will shift your 12/34 w/o a problem. I now run
53/42/28 and 12/32 and I'm certain that the 34t cog would work.