Will Tour de France be on terrestrial TV this summer?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Me, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Sure this has been discussed before, but I cant find the thread...

    Will the Tour be on TV this year?

    Channel 4?

    ITV2 using freeview?

    or will my only option be on sky/eurosport?

    -cheers

    Tags:

  2. According to The Independent:

    " TV: Live coverage on British Eurosport; highlights on ITV2." Though that was on January 18th, so
    they may have changed their collective mind.

    Bum.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > According to The Independent:
    >
    > " TV: Live coverage on British Eurosport; highlights on ITV2." Though that was on January 18th, so
    > they may have changed their collective mind.
    >
    > Bum.

    Some highlights and possibly the odd stage on ITV1, even, for those of us without digital. - or so
    I've heard. Certainly the case earlier in the year, hope they stay true to their word....

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  4. On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:44:55 +0100, contributor Me had scribed:
    > Sure this has been discussed before, but I cant find the thread...
    >
    > Will the Tour be on TV this year?
    >
    > Channel 4?
    >
    > ITV2 using freeview?
    >
    > or will my only option be on sky/eurosport?

    Yes, starting tonight (Monday 7th July), or rather tomorrow morning, ITV1 will be setting some small
    hours time to the TdF.

    Gary

    --

    The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

    For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

  5. zebra

    zebra Guest

    > > Will the Tour be on TV this year?
    > Yes, starting tonight (Monday 7th July), or rather tomorrow morning, ITV1 will be setting some
    > small hours time to the TdF.

    ... and (if not mentioned before) live on ITV1 on Sunday afternoons ...