Will Ya Still Need Me, Will Ya Still Feed Me

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Carol Cohen, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Carol Cohen

    Carol Cohen Guest

    Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride on
    my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on the
    TFCE bike route. Larry is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then laughing and
    gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now he'll be able to sit on his
    front porch and do the same.

    I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

    Tags:

  2. Best wishes for a very happy birthday, Carol.

    Lewis. (still a pup at 63)

    http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

    ................... Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BAA4B42B.489C1%[email protected]>...
    > Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    > on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on
    > the TFCE bike route. Larry is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then
    > laughing and gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now he'll be able
    > to sit on his front porch and do the same.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    > Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....
    >
    > C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Carol: Tear 'em up! Congrats on the big 64, and try not to stay off the bike so long in the future.
    Were you injured? Anyway, I like to have role models like you as I'm still a youngun--41.

    Ride on.

    Scott Another advocate for velo-diversity

    Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BAA4B42B.489C1%[email protected]>...
    > Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    > on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on
    > the TFCE bike route. Larry is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then
    > laughing and gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now he'll be able
    > to sit on his front porch and do the same.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    > Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....
    >
    > C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  4. Daniel Payne

    Daniel Payne Guest

    On 24-Mar-2003, Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    > Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....

    Yeah, the same here and the hills grew over the winter... its not fair

    Daniel

  5. Rodney Kuehl

    Rodney Kuehl Guest

    Hey Happy B Day Carol!!!

    I went 100km on the Withlacoochie Trail Saturday. I think our day up there had been the best
    distance ride of '03 for me. The squirrels, turtles and other critters up there pass on their best
    wishes for a great 64th year.

    Rod Kuehl RANS V2 Challenge Wizard Riverview, FL

    "Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Best wishes for a very happy birthday, Carol.
    >
    > Lewis. (still a pup at 63)
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html
    >
    > ................... Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<BAA4B42B.489C1%[email protected]>...
    > > Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good
    long
    > > coastal RI and MA ride on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at
    Larry's
    > > (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on the TFCE bike route.
    Larry
    > > is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then laughing
    and
    > > gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now
    he'll
    > > be able to sit on his front porch and do the same.
    > >
    > > I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off
    (ever
    > > since my return from Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon
    wind
    > > pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....
    > >
    > > C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  6. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Happy Birthday C.C.

    ... and many, many more. Go out and buy yourself a BIG ROCK!!! :-0

    Chere

  7. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    Carol Cohen wrote:

    > I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    > Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon wind pants have mysteriously gotten
    > tighter....

    It's a well-known FACT that the shrink fairies attack any piece of clothing that goes unused for too
    long. I guess the solution is to not stop using them in the first place...

    Anyway, happy birthday. Now, go out and ride 64 miles.

  8. Gary Mc

    Gary Mc Guest

    Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BAA4B42B.489C1%[email protected]>...
    > Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    > on my Toureasy.

    Carol,

    Happy Birthday indeed. The true indurance event is getting back out there year after year.

    Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

  9. Carol looks like the weather may let you ride your age tomorrow. Many more bent birthdays. Denny in
    Sayre, Pa "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    "chere" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Happy Birthday C.C.
    >
    > ... and many, many more. Go out and buy yourself a BIG ROCK!!! :-0
    >
    > Chere

  10. Harv

    Harv Guest

    Mazel Tov! "Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BAA4B42B.489C1%[email protected]...
    > Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky and go for a good long coastal RI and MA ride
    > on my Toureasy. Maybe ride over to look at Larry's (V-2 and Aerocycle) new house which is right on
    > the TFCE bike route.
    Larry
    > is known for finishing that century ride among the fastest then laughing
    and
    > gloating out his car window on his way home along the ride route. Now
    he'll
    > be able to sit on his front porch and do the same.
    >
    > I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle after 6 weeks off (ever since my return from
    > Florida) and I'm trying to figure out why my nylon
    wind
    > pants have mysteriously gotten tighter....
    >
    > C.C.,Rider motto: on your left!

  11. Rcpinto

    Rcpinto Guest

    Hey Carol

    Congrats on 64! Have fun on your ride!

    I'll be in Florida for the next two months, but Scott Chamberlain is leading a Marathon Monday
    ride on the Boston Marathon route.

    Any recumbent people who don't know about the ride and want to go should call Scott at Belmont
    Wheelworks @ 617-489-3577....always a fun experience with Boston recumbent cycling legends like
    Scott, Dick Ryan, George Reynolds, Carol, Larry, John "Tots" Totman, etc.

    Rich

  12. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

    Carol Cohen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BAA4B42B.489C1%[email protected]>...

    > Tomorrow's my Big 64 and a great day to play hooky

    Oh, to be young and fulsome again.....................

    Happy b'day Carol!

    I officially became a grown-up on 3/7 and I have my Medicare Card to prove it!

    But you know something I don't seem to be a day over 14.

    I don't have the beautiful state of RI to ride around on but I do have an area about the same size.
    On Sunday I did about 35 miles on the ranch roads on my Vivo and only crashed twice. Boy did I wish
    I was still 64.

    Jerry