Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Willer Vs. Trek Carbon

Started by Maltess2 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,138 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
10 June 2015
Last activity
11 June 2015
Original author
Maltess2
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,138
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello, after some research I was about to choose Willier Bassano

    But , I found a deal for a trek 7.7 fx carbon, It would cost me 180 dollars more than the willier. I am looking for a flat bar sporty bike, I will commute, but also for long rides in the long bike lanes in the outskirts of the city. I am looking for something with a sporty edge, cause I want to train with this bike, and in the future get a nice road bike. The willier seemed a perfect choice, but the Trek opportunity came out. What do you guys think? I am afraid that the Trek could have too much of an upright position for my purposes, It looks to mee like a more all around hybrid, but with a carbon frame, I could be wrong. If i change stem position I would get a more sporty riding position I guess. I dont have any experience with carbon, I guess is a better ride than alu.

    The components are similar.

    wilier.combassano

    trekbikes.com7 7 fx

  2. Geometrically, these bikes are so similar it's almost ridiculous.

    It does look like the Trek fit is a bit more upright. It's a Domane frame with flat bars. The Wilier looks somewhat like a repurposed cyclocross bike. I'm not a big fan of the Domane's handling, so I'd probably prefer the Wilier.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.