Win a Coker!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by HardcoreCokerRider, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. In order to encourage skilled Coker riders to get involved in the new
    sport of Rolling Trials and to try and expand the skills of those who
    may be interested in the sport, I am sponsoring a contest. The prize is
    a stock Coker. You have to clean 4 Lines (on a Coker) in order to win a
    Coker. The four Lines are described in my post "Rolling Trials"
    (http://tinyurl.com/553df).

    If you don't know what "cleaning a Line" means... read my post and
    you'll find out. I hope to have to shell out the $$$ to buy someone a
    Coker in the next 6 months! The contest officially ends on: Saturday,
    July 16th.

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

  2. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

    HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
    > *I hope to have to shell out the $$$ to buy someone a Coker in the
    > next 6 months!*

    Now THAT is "hardcore". Props to you.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

  3. Wow, very generous!

    I laos have a coker but I might give it a go just for prize-less fun.
    Not that I'm expecting to be able to do it.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

    carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
    http://www.unicycles.com.au
    Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    *'My big movie (51MB, DivX)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

  4. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

    Ah, the paradox: I'd love to win a coker, but in order to do that, i
    must own one, thus eliminating my desire to have a coker. But to get
    that coker, I'd need to win it, which I can't do without one.

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

  5. I'll give it a shot. If I ever get around to it.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

    AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
    Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
    MSN:[email protected]

    disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

    Nick, Joe, Tim, Jim, Nick, Eric, Trip, Mike, Bevan, Sabin, Owen, Jagur,
    Brian, Michael, Pete, Evan, Andrew, Justin, Kyle, Dave, Kevin, and Laura
    are my main man.

  6. PopeSamXVI wrote:
    > *Ah, the paradox: I'd love to win a coker, but in order to do that, i
    > must own one, thus eliminating my desire to have a coker. But to get
    > that coker, I'd need to win it, which I can't do without one. *

    True, in a sense. On the other hand:

    1. It may be possible (though fairly unlikely) to borrow a Coker.
    2. It's always nice to have 2 Cokers :D.
    3. I'd be willing to substitute the Coker for another type of uni of
    equal value.

    The big problem for you is that Philly is a pretty good distance form
    California, so the expense of getting to the ESPN X Games skatepark in
    Philly would probably make the contest unrealistic for you (unless you
    happen to be going to Philly anyway and you have the skills to nail
    those Lines given the limited amount of practice time you'd have while
    you were there).

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

  7. I can borrow a coker and Philly is really close to my place in Philly.

    --

  8. TheObieOne3226 wrote:
    > *I can borrow a coker and Philly is really close to my place in
    > Philly. *

    That's great! I'd really love to see you clean those Lines... that would
    be EXTREMELY inspiring to me and I believe it would launch you straight
    to the top of the Rolling Trials (Database) point standings, making you
    the foremost Coker pilot in the sport (for the "Database" competition).
    You've got plenty of time to practice! I really hope you can pull it off
    and I wish you the best of luck!

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

  9. If you want to try and win the contest, but you've already got a Coker
    and don't want another one, you can instead:

    1. Opt for an Airfoil wheelset with tire, tube, and cranks included,
    or
    2. Opt for a MUni or some other Uni of a wheel size other than a 36"
    that is approved for Rolling Trials competitions (24"x3", 26", 28" or
    29")

    Andrew (HCR)

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

  10. Forgot to mention that the Muni or other Uni would also have to be of
    equivalent value to a stock Coker (or less)... and you pay the shipping
    expense.

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

  11. _

    Word_of_Caution_for_anyone_going_to_the_ESPN_X_Games_skatepark_in_Philly_to_attempt_to_win_the_prize_or_simply_just_to_ride_for_fun:

    _
    The surface of the floor is quite slick, so AVOID SHARP TURNS.
    > -Originally posted by tomblackwood-
    > *Now THAT is "hardcore". Props to you. *

    Thanks a lot, Tom.

    > -Originally posted by andrew_carter-
    > *Wow, very generous!
    >
    > I also have a coker but I might give it a go just for prize-less fun.
    > Not that I'm expecting to be able to do it.
    >
    > Andrew *

    Thanks a lot, Andrew. If anyone could do it, you'd be one of the guys at
    the top of my list! If you're coming to the States (the East Coast)
    within the next 6 months and you can get to the ESPN X Games skatepark
    in Philly, you'll have loads of fun there... and you might as well go
    for the prize, because it doesn't have to be a Coker... it can be an
    Airfoil rim (with tire, tube, and cranks), or a MUni or other type of
    Uni of equal value to a stock Coker and of an approved wheel size for
    Rolling Trials (which hasn't been finalized, yet... but it will be by
    the time you clean those Lines :D). Also, if you are coming to the
    States... let me know when (and where) because I'd love to have the
    opportunity to see you ride and ride with you!

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

  12. PhilS

    PhilS Guest

    i wish i had a coker..........

    --
    PhilS - n/a

    "There are only 10 types of people in the world - Those who understand
    binary, and those who don't" -My T-shirt

    "Oh, man! You are sooo normal. Grow up!" -Bart Simpson

    "I think the seat de-ultimatizes it" -johnfoss
    PhilS's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8304

  13. PhilS wrote:
    > *i wish i had a coker.......... *

    Come to Philly and ride with us. You can borrow one of ours and try to
    win your own.

    I won't be in Philly until like next May though.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

    AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
    Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
    MSN:[email protected]

    disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

    Nick, Joe, Tim, Jim, Nick, Eric, Trip, Mike, Bevan, Sabin, Owen, Jagur,
    Brian, Michael, Pete, Evan, Andrew, Justin, Kyle, Dave, Kevin, and Laura
    are my main man.

  14. total uni

    total uni Guest

  15. PopeSamXVI

    PopeSamXVI Guest

    HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
    > *True, in a sense. On the other hand:
    >
    > 1. It may be possible (though fairly unlikely) to borrow a Coker.
    > 2. It's always nice to have 2 Cokers :D.
    > 3. I'd be willing to substitute the Coker for another type of uni of
    > equal value.
    >
    > The big problem for you is that Philly is a pretty good distance form
    > California, so the expense of getting to the ESPN X Games skatepark in
    > Philly would probably make the contest unrealistic for you (unless you
    > happen to be going to Philly anyway and you have the skills to nail
    > those Lines given the limited amount of practice time you'd have while
    > you were there). *

    I'll be in Monroe Township, NJ in March. It's about 45 minutes outside
    of Trenton, which isn't too far from Philly.

    But I can hardly manuever a 20 inch, so who am I kidding?