Win a Coker!

HardcoreCokerRider

Guest
In order to encourage skilled Coker riders to get involved in the new
sport of Rolling Trials and to try and expand the skills of those who
may be interested in the sport, I am sponsoring a contest. The prize is
a stock Coker. You have to clean 4 Lines (on a Coker) in order to win a
Coker. The four Lines are described in my post "Rolling Trials"
(http://tinyurl.com/553df).

If you don't know what "cleaning a Line" means... read my post and
you'll find out. I hope to have to shell out the $$$ to buy someone a
Coker in the next 6 months! The contest officially ends on: Saturday,
July 16th.

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Wow, very generous!

I laos have a coker but I might give it a go just for prize-less fun.
Not that I'm expecting to be able to do it.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'My big movie (51MB, DivX)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

Ah, the paradox: I'd love to win a coker, but in order to do that, i
must own one, thus eliminating my desire to have a coker. But to get
that coker, I'd need to win it, which I can't do without one.

--
PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

I'll give it a shot. If I ever get around to it.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
MSN:[email protected]

disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

Nick, Joe, Tim, Jim, Nick, Eric, Trip, Mike, Bevan, Sabin, Owen, Jagur,
Brian, Michael, Pete, Evan, Andrew, Justin, Kyle, Dave, Kevin, and Laura
are my main man.

PopeSamXVI wrote:
> *Ah, the paradox: I'd love to win a coker, but in order to do that, i
> must own one, thus eliminating my desire to have a coker. But to get
> that coker, I'd need to win it, which I can't do without one. *

True, in a sense. On the other hand:

1. It may be possible (though fairly unlikely) to borrow a Coker.
2. It's always nice to have 2 Cokers :D.
3. I'd be willing to substitute the Coker for another type of uni of
equal value.

The big problem for you is that Philly is a pretty good distance form
California, so the expense of getting to the ESPN X Games skatepark in
Philly would probably make the contest unrealistic for you (unless you
happen to be going to Philly anyway and you have the skills to nail
those Lines given the limited amount of practice time you'd have while
you were there).

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

I can borrow a coker and Philly is really close to my place in Philly.

--

TheObieOne3226 wrote:
> *I can borrow a coker and Philly is really close to my place in
> Philly. *

That's great! I'd really love to see you clean those Lines... that would
be EXTREMELY inspiring to me and I believe it would launch you straight
to the top of the Rolling Trials (Database) point standings, making you
the foremost Coker pilot in the sport (for the "Database" competition).
You've got plenty of time to practice! I really hope you can pull it off
and I wish you the best of luck!

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

If you want to try and win the contest, but you've already got a Coker
and don't want another one, you can instead:

1. Opt for an Airfoil wheelset with tire, tube, and cranks included,
or
2. Opt for a MUni or some other Uni of a wheel size other than a 36"
that is approved for Rolling Trials competitions (24"x3", 26", 28" or
29")

Andrew (HCR)

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

_

Word_of_Caution_for_anyone_going_to_the_ESPN_X_Games_skatepark_in_Philly_to_attempt_to_win_the_prize_or_simply_just_to_ride_for_fun:

_
The surface of the floor is quite slick, so AVOID SHARP TURNS.
> -Originally posted by tomblackwood-
> *Now THAT is "hardcore". Props to you. *

Thanks a lot, Tom.

> -Originally posted by andrew_carter-
> *Wow, very generous!
>
> I also have a coker but I might give it a go just for prize-less fun.
> Not that I'm expecting to be able to do it.
>
> Andrew *

Thanks a lot, Andrew. If anyone could do it, you'd be one of the guys at
the top of my list! If you're coming to the States (the East Coast)
within the next 6 months and you can get to the ESPN X Games skatepark
in Philly, you'll have loads of fun there... and you might as well go
for the prize, because it doesn't have to be a Coker... it can be an
Airfoil rim (with tire, tube, and cranks), or a MUni or other type of
Uni of equal value to a stock Coker and of an approved wheel size for
Rolling Trials (which hasn't been finalized, yet... but it will be by
the time you clean those Lines :D). Also, if you are coming to the
States... let me know when (and where) because I'd love to have the
opportunity to see you ride and ride with you!

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks, MTB & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

i wish i had a coker..........

--
PhilS - n/a

"There are only 10 types of people in the world - Those who understand
binary, and those who don't" -My T-shirt

"Oh, man! You are sooo normal. Grow up!" -Bart Simpson

"I think the seat de-ultimatizes it" -johnfoss
PhilS's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8304

PhilS wrote:
> *i wish i had a coker.......... *

Come to Philly and ride with us. You can borrow one of ours and try to
win your own.

I won't be in Philly until like next May though.

--

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
> *True, in a sense. On the other hand:
>
> 1. It may be possible (though fairly unlikely) to borrow a Coker.
> 2. It's always nice to have 2 Cokers :D.
> 3. I'd be willing to substitute the Coker for another type of uni of
> equal value.
>
> The big problem for you is that Philly is a pretty good distance form
> California, so the expense of getting to the ESPN X Games skatepark in
> Philly would probably make the contest unrealistic for you (unless you
> happen to be going to Philly anyway and you have the skills to nail
> those Lines given the limited amount of practice time you'd have while
> you were there). *

I'll be in Monroe Township, NJ in March. It's about 45 minutes outside
of Trenton, which isn't too far from Philly.

But I can hardly manuever a 20 inch, so who am I kidding?