Wind Trainer...buying guide help

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Comcast News, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Comcast News

    Comcast News Guest

    Anyone have good sources for trainers with some guidance? I have a G Fisher hybrid (Utopia) 3 years old...I live in Florida and want to be able to train in the A/C. :) I'd like a nice trainer...I'd like it to "feel" realistic and I'd like as many gadgets as possible.

    What's everyone's favorite trainer? Easy to put on and take off?

    Thanks.
    Stephanie

    --
    SE Florida

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    small diameter Kreitler rollers
    "Comcast News" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    Anyone have good sources for trainers with some guidance? I have a G Fisher hybrid (Utopia) 3 years old...I live in Florida and want to be able to train in the A/C. :) I'd like a nice trainer...I'd like it to "feel" realistic and I'd like as many gadgets as possible.

    What's everyone's favorite trainer? Easy to put on and take off?

    Thanks.
    Stephanie

    --
    SE Florida

  3. Eric Larsson

    Eric Larsson Guest

    I started with a Minoura magnetic trainer with an indexed shifter to
    change resistance. It was quiet and worked fine but I wanted
    something more realistic and bought an Inline wind trainer. It made
    so much noise that I couldn't hear the radio or TV or whatever I was
    trying to use to keep my attention off the miserable realtiy of
    sitting on a trainer. Now I have a Cycleops Fluid2. I still hate
    riding the trainer, but this one is well-constructed, quiet, and has a
    good "road feel" (actually the power curve is a little steeper than
    the road based on comparable speeds).

    "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<%[email protected]>...
    > small diameter Kreitler rollers
    > "Comcast News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:79WdnaCUKYNRuU [email protected]...
    > Anyone have good sources for trainers with some guidance? I have a G
    > Fisher hybrid (Utopia) 3 years old...I live in Florida and want to be
    > able to train in the A/C. :) I'd like a nice trainer...I'd like it to
    > "feel" realistic and I'd like as many gadgets as possible.
    >
    > What's everyone's favorite trainer? Easy to put on and take off?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Stephanie
    >
    > --
    > SE Florida