Windows 7

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Have any of you upgraded to windows 7 yet? if so, are you happy with it?

I haven't, none of my systems have enough power to run Win7. However, a client of mine just bought a new touch screen PC with Win7 on it, she asked me to get it set up for her. Compared to the lappy she has with Vista on it, this new system she has with Win7 runs circles around Vista. Very easy to set up, and much less nuisance confirmation prompts than Vista.

A sore point with me. I bought a new computer a bit over a year ago with Vista on it. It freezes up once or twice a day, and I have to restart the computer. So now everyone's advising me to spend more money to buy a new Microsoft product because it's better than their previous piece of ****. I won't do it. I'll just keep restarting my computer. Screw Microshaft.

I thought Win95 was the latest!!:confused: Just kidding... haven't graduated from XP yet, but kinda glad I never jumped on the Vista band wagon. Will wait and see what the Apple TV commercials have to say about Windows 7 before I get on that train.

I've been running Windows Vista for about a year now, it came installed on the new computer I bought.

My only complaint was that there were 200+ meg worth of updates coming out every month for the first several months. Now the updates have slowed to what I would consider a normal amount.

I've had people tell me I should upgrade to Windows 7, but as long as Vista is working well for me I don't think I'll upgrade.

I never got past using XP. Still have XP on both my computers and find its all i need. Vista to me was just a showcase of graphically enhanced menus and screens that i didn't need. Maybe one day i'll see what 7 is like.

dannomyte said:
I thought Win95 was the latest!!:confused: Just kidding... haven't graduated from XP yet, but kinda glad I never jumped on the Vista band wagon. Will wait and see what the Apple TV commercials have to say about Windows 7 before I get on that train.

LOL

My old home computer came with Win98 on it and I never upgraded it. Worked fine for 11 years, then one day it made a noise like a fork caught in a garbage disposal and gave me the blue screen of death. :eek:

My new one came with Vista and it is a much better computer, but it's more the speed and capacity of the computer than Vista that makes it better.

We still use XP on our work computers and I like it just fine.

I got Windows 7 when it was released. Previously used XP never bothered with Vista, Win 7 is very fast and stable.