Windowsill Margarita recipe

Frood

Guest
When we moved into our house 2 years ago, I found a cryptic
message penciled on the window sill: 6 oz T... 6 oz T
Sec....lime juice... Rose's.... Hey! That looks like a
margarita recipe! I tried it out, and dang! It is a great
recipe! I asked the former homeowners about it, and they had
forgotten all about it.

I plugged the points into the Recipe Builder, and called it
3 servings so it comes out to 5 pts/serving. DH and I
usually split a pitcher and so have 1
1/2 each. Watch out!

6 oz Tequila 6 oz Triple Sec 2 oz + 1 Tbls + 2 tsp. fresh
lime juice (this took 1 1/2 limes) 2 oz + 2 tsp. Rose's
Lime juice

For those outside of the US, Rose's Lime juice is a lime
cordial, a very sweet, non-alcoholic syrup.
--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang
email address to reply

Thanks for sharing, I think (g)

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:09:55 GMT, "frood"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>When we moved into our house 2 years ago, I found a cryptic
>message penciled on the window sill: 6 oz T... 6 oz T
>Sec....lime juice... Rose's.... Hey! That looks like a
>margarita recipe! I tried it out, and dang! It is a great
>recipe! I asked the former homeowners about it, and they
>had forgotten all about it.
>
>I plugged the points into the Recipe Builder, and called it
>3 servings so it comes out to 5 pts/serving. DH and I
>usually split a pitcher and so have 1
>1/2 each. Watch out!
>
>6 oz Tequila 6 oz Triple Sec 2 oz + 1 Tbls + 2 tsp. fresh
>lime juice (this took 1 1/2 limes) 2 oz + 2 tsp. Rose's
>Lime juice
>
>For those outside of the US, Rose's Lime juice is a lime
>cordial, a very sweet, non-alcoholic syrup.

Hey, it's not an everyday recipe, but if one is going
to indulge in a margarita, it might as well be worth
the points!

--

1
> >1/2 each. Watch out!
> >
> >6 oz Tequila 6 oz Triple Sec 2 oz + 1 Tbls + 2 tsp. fresh
> >lime juice (this took 1 1/2 limes) 2 oz + 2 tsp. Rose's
> >Lime juice
> >
> >For those outside of the US, Rose's Lime juice is a lime
> >cordial, a very sweet, non-alcoholic syrup.

Since we found out DH is diabetic, we've pretty much given
up on alcoholic drinks. I don't think it's fair to drink in
front of him when he doesn't drink anymore. But - WOW! does
that margarita sound good! It must be the fresh lime juice -
most recipes I've seen just use the bottled stuff.
--
Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/

Remove "invalid" to reply

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey, it's not an everyday recipe, but if one is going
> to indulge in a margarita, it might as well be worth
> the points!
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-
> fang email address to reply
>

> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Thanks for sharing, I think (g)
> >
> > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:09:55 GMT, "frood"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >When we moved into our house 2 years ago, I found a
> > >cryptic message
> penciled
> > >on the window sill: 6 oz T... 6 oz T Sec....lime
> > >juice... Rose's.... Hey! That looks
> like
> > >a margarita recipe! I tried it out, and dang! It is a
> > >great recipe! I
> asked
> > >the former homeowners about it, and they had forgotten
> > >all about it.
> > >
> > >I plugged the points into the Recipe Builder, and
> > >called it 3 servings
so
> it
> > >comes out to 5 pts/serving. DH and I usually split a
> > >pitcher and so
have
> 1
> > >1/2 each. Watch out!
> > >
> > >6 oz Tequila 6 oz Triple Sec 2 oz + 1 Tbls + 2 tsp.
> > >fresh lime juice (this took 1 1/2 limes) 2 oz + 2 tsp.
> > >Rose's Lime juice
> > >
> > >For those outside of the US, Rose's Lime juice is a
> > >lime cordial, a
very
> > >sweet, non-alcoholic syrup.

Tell you what, Donna. You come out here, and I'll mix us up
a pitcher of margaritas, and we'll rootle the stash and have
a grand time!

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang
email address to reply

"Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Since we found out DH is diabetic, we've pretty much given
> up on alcoholic drinks. I don't think it's fair to drink
> in front of him when he doesn't drink anymore. But - WOW!
> does that margarita sound good! It must be the fresh lime
> juice - most recipes I've seen just use the bottled stuff.
> --
> Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
>
> Remove "invalid" to reply
>

> "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hey, it's not an everyday recipe, but if one is going to
> > indulge in a margarita, it might as well be worth the
> > points!
> >
> > --
> > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-
> > fang email address to reply
> >

> > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Thanks for sharing, I think (g)

> > penciled
looks
> > like
> > asked

servings
> so
> > it
> have
> > 1

> very

Wow what an invite! Wish I could. Far as I'm going to
get this year is to the Project Linus conference in
Illinois in June.

My DS talked about putting in for a transfer closer to your
part of the country, decided on Houston & then ended up
staying in Portland (OR) for at least another year at the
request of the Coast Guard.
--
Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/

Remove "invalid" to reply

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tell you what, Donna. You come out here, and I'll mix us
> up a pitcher of margaritas, and we'll rootle the stash and
> have a grand time!
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-
> fang email address to reply
>

> "Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Since we found out DH is diabetic, we've pretty much
> > given up on
alcoholic
> > drinks. I don't think it's fair to drink in front of him
> > when he
doesn't
> > drink anymore. But - WOW! does that margarita sound
> > good! It must be
the
> > fresh lime juice - most recipes I've seen just use the
> > bottled stuff.
> > --
> > Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> > Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
> >
> > Remove "invalid" to reply
> >

> > "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > rr.com...
> > > Hey, it's not an everyday recipe, but if one is going
> > > to indulge in a margarita, it might as well be worth
> > > the points!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm
> > > de-fang email address to reply
> > >

> > > "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > penciled
> looks
> > > like
> > > asked
it.

> servings
> > so
> > > it
> > have
> > > 1

> > very

Where is your conference going to be held? Lee
Donna in Idaho (remove invalid) <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Wow what an invite! Wish I could. Far as I'm going to get
> this year is
> the Project Linus conference in Illinois in June.
>
> My DS talked about putting in for a transfer closer to
> your part of the country, decided on Houston & then ended
> up staying in Portland (OR) for
at
> least another year at the request of the Coast Guard.
> --
> Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
>
> Remove "invalid" to reply
>

> "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Tell you what, Donna. You come out here, and I'll mix us
> > up a pitcher of margaritas, and we'll rootle the stash
> > and have a grand time!
> >
> > --
> > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-
> > fang email address to reply
> >

> > "Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)"
> > <[email protected]> wrote
in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > > Since we found out DH is diabetic, we've pretty much
> > > given up on
> alcoholic
> > > drinks. I don't think it's fair to drink in front of
> > > him when he
> doesn't
> > > drink anymore. But - WOW! does that margarita sound
> > > good! It must be
> the
> > > fresh lime juice - most recipes I've seen just use the
> > > bottled stuff.
> > > --
> > > Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho
> > > Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
> > >
> > > Remove "invalid" to reply
> > >

> > > "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]
> > > t.rr.com...

message
> > looks
recipe!
> it.

> > servings
> > > so
so
> > > have

> > > very

Bloomington, Illinois - June 24 - June 27.
--
Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/

Remove "invalid" to reply

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Where is your conference going to be held? Lee

> Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Wow what an invite! Wish I could. Far as I'm going to
> > get this year is to the Project Linus conference in
> > Illinois in June. My DS talked about putting in for a
> > transfer closer to your part of the country, decided on
> > Houston & then ended up staying in Portland (OR) for at
> > least another year at the request of the Coast Guard.

Oh, I'm only 14 or 15 hours from B'ton, IL! ;-P

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang
email address to reply

"Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bloomington, Illinois - June 24 - June 27.
> --
> Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
>
> Remove "invalid" to reply
>

> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Where is your conference going to be held? Lee
>

> > Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Wow what an invite! Wish I could. Far as I'm going to
> > > get this year
is
> > > to the Project Linus conference in Illinois in June.
> > > My DS talked about putting in for a transfer closer to
> > > your part of
the
> > > country, decided on Houston & then ended up staying in
> > > Portland (OR)
for
> > > at least another year at the request of the Coast
> > > Guard.

about a hundred miles from me, have a nice time, Lee
Donna in Idaho (remove invalid) <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Bloomington, Illinois - June 24 - June 27.
> --
> Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
>
> Remove "invalid" to reply
>

> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Where is your conference going to be held? Lee
>

> > Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Wow what an invite! Wish I could. Far as I'm going to
> > > get this year
is
> > > to the Project Linus conference in Illinois in June.
> > > My DS talked about putting in for a transfer closer to
> > > your part of
the
> > > country, decided on Houston & then ended up staying in
> > > Portland (OR)
for
> > > at least another year at the request of the Coast
> > > Guard.

I kinda doubt that my cousin would take me that far! He'll
pick me up and take me home with him, but that's just 150
miles away from Bloomington.

--
Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/

Remove "invalid" to reply

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:6tH3c.61144$%[email protected]...
> Oh, I'm only 14 or 15 hours from B'ton, IL! ;-P
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-
> fang email address to reply
>

> "Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Bloomington, Illinois - June 24 - June 27.
> > --
> > Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> > Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
> >
> > Remove "invalid" to reply
> >

> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > Where is your conference going to be held? Lee
> >

> > > Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)
> > > <[email protected]> wrote
in
> > > message news:[email protected]...
year
> is
> the
> for

Smack dab in the middle of us, Lee ... Bloomington is
about 100 miles from me too. (although, not my favorite
place to visit)

Joyce

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:24:19 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>about a hundred miles from me, have a nice time, Lee Donna
>in Idaho (remove invalid) <[email protected]>
>wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Bloomington, Illinois - June 24 - June 27.
>> --
>> Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
>> Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
>>
>> Remove "invalid" to reply
>>

>> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:[email protected]
>> berlin.de...
>> > Where is your conference going to be held? Lee
>>

>> > Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)
>> > <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>is
>the
>for

They used to have a nice outlet mall, I got some very nice and unusual
correlle pieces there and there was a Farberwear sp store that DH loved,
haven't been there since those two closed, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Smack dab in the middle of us, Lee ... Bloomington is
> about 100 miles from
me too.
> (although, not my favorite place to visit)
>
> Joyce
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:24:19 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >about a hundred miles from me, have a nice time, Lee
> >Donna in Idaho (remove invalid)
> ><[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Bloomington, Illinois - June 24 - June 27.
> >> --
> >> Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator
> >> Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/
> >>
> >> Remove "invalid" to reply
> >>

> >> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> message news:[email protected]
> >> berlin.de...

in
year
> >is
> >the
(OR)
> >for

I haven't been there for many years now, haven't had any
reason to go. I think the last trip was probably 5 years
ago for a baseball tournament ... and the town looked the
same to me as it did when I had friends attending college
there (and that was a looooooooooooong time ago). LOL Now
my son is the one who visits Bloomington, to visit HIS
friends attending the college. Guess it's just one of those
towns I will always think of as being not much other than
teenage partiers.

Joyce