UK and Europe · Public discussion

Windsocks as warning flags for recumbents and trailers

Started by Pinky · · Last activity · 5 posts · 376 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
29 August 2006
Last activity
30 August 2006
Original author
Pinky
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
376
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have located a source of 12" rainbow coloured windsocks in the USA at
    http://www.catchthewind.com/windsocks/antenna_spinsocks.html and I have
    emailed them with regard to a small order just for me.

    Has anyone seen anything similar available in UK?

    I just think that this sort of thing fluttering on my flag pole will give a
    much more visible trigger to the "blind cagers" of this world

    --
    Trevor A Panther
    In South Yorkshire,
    England, United Kingdom.
    www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

  2. Pinky wrote on 29/08/2006 18:07 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    I have located a source of 12" rainbow coloured windsocks in the USA at
    http://www.catchthewind.com/windsocks/antenna_spinsocks.html and I have
    emailed them with regard to a small order just for me.

    Has anyone seen anything similar available in UK?

    I just think that this sort of thing fluttering on my flag pole will give a
    much more visible trigger to the "blind cagers" of this world

    http://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Windsocks.html
    http://kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/windsocks_tubes_spinners.html
    etc

    --
    Tony

    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using
    his intelligence; he is just using his memory."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  3. Pinky said:

    I have located a source of 12" rainbow coloured windsocks in the USA at
    http://www.catchthewind.com/windsocks/antenna_spinsocks.html and I have
    emailed them with regard to a small order just for me.

    Has anyone seen anything similar available in UK?

    I just think that this sort of thing fluttering on my flag pole will give a
    much more visible trigger to the "blind cagers" of this world

    It's a standard sort of thing that kite shops carry. My local one has
    closed and most of the online dealers seem to just advertise power
    kites etc. They might have something that'd work for you here.

    http://www.kiteworks.co.uk/Windsocks.shtml
    http://www.kiteworld.co.uk/acatalog/Kiteworld_Catalogue_Windsocks_107.html
    http://members.aol.com/justkites2/windsocks.html

    Chris
    --
    Chris Eilbeck

  4. Pinky said:

    I have located a source of 12" rainbow coloured windsocks in the USA at
    http://www.catchthewind.com/windsocks/antenna_spinsocks.html and I have
    emailed them with regard to a small order just for me.

    Has anyone seen anything similar available in UK?

    They aren't difficult to make. Triangles, sewn staggered and then the
    ends sewn to a hoop such that the stagger converts to a gaping bulge.
    (Did that make sense?)

    Alternatively, most kite things shops I've seen have had them or
    similar.

    Lots of drag though - I used them where I wanted more drag than could
    be reasonably done with a conventional kite tail.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|
    |/ \|

  5. Pinky said:

    I have located a source of 12" rainbow coloured windsocks in the USA at
    http://www.catchthewind.com/windsocks/antenna_spinsocks.html and I have
    emailed them with regard to a small order just for me.

    Has anyone seen anything similar available in UK?

    I just think that this sort of thing fluttering on my flag pole will give a
    much more visible trigger to the "blind cagers" of this world

    --
    Trevor A Panther
    In South Yorkshire,
    England, United Kingdom.
    www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

    http://www.raindropkites.co.uk/

    (never bought anything from them, tho'😉

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.