Winning

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dave Pace, May 31, 2013.

1. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

So I am the only person at my work place that bikes to work. I have asked for bike racks where I can park my bike at. Well months have gone by since I made that request and then yesterday this happens.

[​IMG]

The not only did it for my building but since I go between all 4 of our buildings as our tech support they put 1 at each building for me. Heck 2 of them are my very own parking spot! Love it. Just love it. I hate that they are near smoking areas. But at least I got the racks. Now I hope more will join me in biking to work.

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Damned pole smokers!

Maybe you'll start a trend, Dave. Let's hope some of the other guys take up riding.

3. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

I hope. I really do. Oh and i see what you did there.

4. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

That's nice! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif More people will probably start cycling too once they see the rack there... I think most people want to cycle, but some might need a bit more "encouragement".

What the hell is a "smokers pole"???

[​IMG]

5. danfoz

danfoz Well-Known Member

Nothing damned about pole smoking. Without it one of life's simplest pleasures would not exist.

6. danfoz

danfoz Well-Known Member

But this fella approves of the new rack location, he gets to indulge in his two favorite pastimes...

[​IMG]

Good job on your persistence btw, glad it finally paid off.

7. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

The smokers pole is a pole with slits in it that is suppose to be a big ashtray. The issue is That this thing should have been named smokers chimney as it is always on fire and smells like shit. Now that I have not had a cigarette in over 1 year and 1 month I really feel the pain that I put others through with the aroma and the smell and the overall shit that I did when I was smoking. Thank the heavens I stopped.

At least on the ride home from work there was another road cyclist that I teamed up with and we rode a good mile or 2 together. Made it nice to converse with someone on the way home instead of doing nothing but thinking about how to fight with traffic.

Also today I finally got to do a group ride for points with my club. I came in dead last, but you know what I finished, and I look at it this way. i have been cycling for a little less than 11 months and for me to finish this was a goal I am happy about.

Here is the course.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/218760873

8. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Nice one/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

9. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

TYVM

10. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Dave Pace .

The smokers pole is a pole with slits in it that is suppose to be a big ashtray. The issue is That this thing should have been named smokers chimney as it is always on fire and smells like shit. Now that I have not had a cigarette in over 1 year and 1 month I really feel the pain that I put others through with the aroma and the smell and the overall shit that I did when I was smoking. Thank the heavens I stopped.

At least on the ride home from work there was another road cyclist that I teamed up with and we rode a good mile or 2 together. Made it nice to converse with someone on the way home instead of doing nothing but thinking about how to fight with traffic.

Also today I finally got to do a group ride for points with my club. I came in dead last, but you know what I finished, and I look at it this way. i have been cycling for a little less than 11 months and for me to finish this was a goal I am happy about.

Here is the course.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/218760873

Hmmm I think I know those. I seen a few and do they seem pretty nasty...

Nice ride! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

11. CAMPYBOB

"Nothing damned about pole smoking."

Uh...erm...well, all righty then!

12. CAMPYBOB

"Oh and i see what you did there."

Indeed, you ARE winning!!!

Those two guys in the picture...government 'workers'? Two-man crew (subordinate and supervisor...GS12?!?!) to install a 50-pound bike rack? Four concrete anchors...how do they work?! Heheh!

13. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

Nope they are our only maintenance men for all 4 buildings. But yea we work a lot like government. I mean we do provide all the food, Point of sale electronics, and badge readers for the USMC. so I guess we are government. But here is the odd thing. The supervisor (Chuck) is the 1 working.

14. CAMPYBOB

"The supervisor (Chuck) is the 1 working."

Non-Union!

Love the sledge! "Ya see this here hammer, Wally? THIS is how you set the Stay-Con!"

Good job, keeping The Corps fed. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif Those guys can eat! I guess that's some job security! Are you biking around the base? .

15. ambal

ambal Active Member

It's great that work places are getting on board with cycling. Fit healthy staff are a lot more productive, good companies have known this for years. * looks left to the obese, lethargic, smelly, pathetic pig eating a greasy burger for breakfast *

16. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Its so much better having a 6-pack for breakfast after racing yeh?... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

17. Dave Pace

Dave Pace Member

Actually, no. We are located in buffalo NY. But then again this is their support center for the electronics.

18. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Nothing good ever comes out of Buffalo, including most certainly the sports teams. According to historical records, Enrico Fermi went through a period of deep depression and even made a suicide attempt. That attempt was to try move to Buffalo. Fortunately friends talked him out of it, and he survived.

19. ambal

ambal Active Member

If thats your thing, thats fine to. A lot of people here believe 6-packs are an essential nutrient, so it's important to them also.

20. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

I believe that too! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif I love drinking beer! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif Hamburgers for breakfast not too much... Allthough I remember frying some porkchops once at 5:00am when I was a student. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif