winter bike

bpatterson

Aug 27, 2006
when do you put the good bike away and pull out the litespeed
what are the rules.. for me as soon as they drop rock salt the SEROTTA AE goes away and the litespeed and the power tap come out of the garage and ride in to the 20 degree weather

bpatterson said:
what are the rules.. for me as soon as they drop rock salt the SEROTTA AE goes away and the litespeed and the power tap come out of the garage and ride in to the 20 degree weather

Never.

bpatterson said:
My rule is first frost, which is late this year. I put the DOGMA away and pull out the lynskey beater.....same time the F430 goes in the garage and the S4 comes out.

Also, I've found SRM is better sealed for winter conditions than the Powertap.

bpatterson said:

If it's wet, I ride the Moots. If it's dry, I ride the Waterford...year 'round.

Like the OP, he first time they drop the rock salt. The Pinarello Opera (steel), stays on the display rack. The Cannondale road bike still comes out for another month or so. Once we're into full winter I ride the cross bike with slick tires. Really though it's for the bigger cushy tires, upright position and sturdy frame. It's nice to not have to worry about potholes. Sometimes I purposely hit the holes, or pass my friends on the dirt just for fun.