Winter biking photos

"S. Anderson" <[email protected]> writes:

> Not much snow in the 'Peg this time of year, eh? I think we got more in Toronto. It's not melting
> this week!! ;-)

Vancouver's snow is gone. But Vancouver doesn't really get snow. We get some undefined substance
that looks like snow, but isn't. Real snow, you can kick and it goes ~floof~ in the air. Our stuff
just gives you a wet shoe. At least it melts faster than real snow.

Today I noticed my daffodils are already sending up shoots. I left the gladiolus bulbs in, instead
of winter-storing them. They've endured a little freezing, but I think that might just break the
cormlets loose from the mother bulbs, and make them propagate even more. Last year I had to work
hard to thin the li'l buggers.

It's really heartening to watch the rhubarb recover. It always looks like a goner over the winter,
but always comes back stronger than ever.

cheers, Tom