Winter clothes made for bents?

Jeff Potter

Guest
I'm trying to find any makers of winter clothes especially for benting. I can't find any.

Offhand, I'd think the best set-up would be jersey with double/windproof layers under the arms (and
on chest). Pants with double/windproofing on shins and under thighs up to and covering the butt.

Anyone make stuff like this?

--

Jeff Potter
****

Here's a link that I stumbled across on a recumbent related page... http://www.kucharik.com/

Unknown if they have exactly what you are looking for, but they do offer a variety of winter biking
and recumbent related apparel.

I've not bought from them, so I can't give you any info on shipping, reliability etc.

Regards, Kevin Skazalski

Roses are red Violets are blue I'm schizophrenic and so am I

Jeff Potter wrote:

> I'm trying to find any makers of winter clothes especially for benting.

How about cross-country skiing clothes? Works for me.

I have just ordered a "Layback" jacket from http://www.freestyle-sports.co.uk and expect delivery
this week. Saw it on the Trice stand at the London bike show and looked impressive. Lots of 'bent
specific features like a "side" zip so that the pool of water that normally works its way through
the zip can't ! If you want to know more let me know and I will tell when it arrives and I have used
it in anger!

SW

"Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm trying to find any makers of winter clothes especially for benting. I can't find any.
>
> Offhand, I'd think the best set-up would be jersey with double/windproof layers under the arms
> (and on chest). Pants with double/windproofing on shins and under thighs up to and covering
> the butt.
>
> Anyone make stuff like this?
>
> --
>
> Jeff Potter
> ****
> *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself
> culture... ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...rare books on ski,
> bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels
> coming up! ...original downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten
> Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Check out the clothing from Sporthill, made from 3SP windblock fabric. reioutlet.com is clearing out
some of the tops at ridiculous prices and you can buy the pants at rei.com The jacket top has
convenient zippers for bent riding.

This is some of the highest quality outdoor clothing made.

"Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm trying to find any makers of winter clothes especially for benting. I can't find any.
>
> Offhand, I'd think the best set-up would be jersey with double/windproof layers under the arms
> (and on chest). Pants with double/windproofing on shins and under thighs up to and covering
> the butt.
>
> Anyone make stuff like this?
>
> --
>
> Jeff Potter
> ****
> *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself
> culture... ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...rare books on ski,
> bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels
> coming up! ...original downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten
> Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Steve Watkin must be edykated coz e writed:

> I have just ordered a "Layback" jacket from http://www.freestyle-sports.co.uk and expect delivery
> this week. Saw it on the Trice stand at the London bike show and looked impressive. Lots of 'bent
> specific features like a "side" zip so that the pool of water that normally works its way through
> the zip can't ! If you want to know more let me know and I will tell when it arrives and I have
> used it in anger!
>
> SW

I am currently testing Montane waterproof clothing for use on the trikes, very breathable, very
compact, the Aero smock that I am wearing today weighs in at 63 grams, packs to the size of a tennis
ball and should keep me dry in about 4 hours of heavy rain whilst remaining very breathable, all
things going well I will be adding these as an active sports clothing range, but will report back
when entirely satisfied.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Does anyone have an opinion on the beautiful looking wool clothing from Rivendell?

BentJay