Winter Clothing

Mary

Guest
I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the winter. I
have been looking in the catalogs (Nashbar, Performance) for
some more colorful "tights", but they all seem to be black.
I know Henry Ford did not invent bicycle clothing, but does
anyone know of anyplace that sells more colorful "tights." I
have thought about buying some white long underwear and
dying them yellow or green, but when I suggest it my wife
hands me the single's column in the paper.

Thanks

Tom

mary wrote:
> I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the
> winter. I have been looking in the catalogs (Nashbar,
> Performance) for some more colorful "tights", but they
> all seem to be black. I know Henry Ford did not invent
> bicycle clothing, but does anyone know of anyplace that
> sells more colorful "tights." I have thought about buying
> some white long underwear and dying them yellow or green,
> but when I suggest it my wife hands me the single's
> column in the paper.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Well, Mary/Tom, gender confusion issues must indeed be
confounding :)

Bill "Peter Pan wore green tights, IIRC" S.

mary <[email protected]> wrote:
> I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the
> winter. I have been looking in the catalogs (Nashbar,
> Performance) for some more colorful "tights", but they
> all seem to be black. I know Henry Ford did not invent
> bicycle clothing, but does anyone know of anyplace that
> sells more colorful "tights." I have thought about buying
> some white long underwear and dying them yellow or green,
> but when I suggest it my wife hands me the single's
> column in the paper.

Non-black clothing for winter riding... Possibly slushy,
wet, nasty gritty riding? Riding where my tights end up with
lots of nasty black grit on them? In bright
green/yellow/blue?

No.

. . .

But if you must, try probikekit - they seem to have at least
some blue ones. Maybe go looking in their site for others.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=All%20%20Winter%2-
0Bib%20Tights
%20%28Team%20%26%20Plain%29&PHPSESSID=107652259be672aa8d158-
%584f641327c

http://tinyurl.com/yplv4

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
We may not like doctors, but at least they doctor. Bankers

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:53:18 -0500, "mary" <[email protected]> wrote:

<I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the
winter. I have been <looking in the catalogs (Nashbar,
Performance) for some more colorful <"tights", but they
all seem to be black. I know Henry Ford did not invent
<bicycle clothing, but does anyone know of anyplace that
sells more colorful <"tights." I have thought about buying
some white long underwear and dying <them yellow or green,
but when I suggest it my wife hands me the single's
<column in the paper.

These guys list a navy, a silver and an aquamarine: http://-
www.coldlizard.com/cgi/wc.dll?GEKKO~catalog~DETAIL~12

"Dane Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote

> Non-black clothing for winter riding... Possibly slushy,
> wet, nasty gritty riding? Riding where my tights end up
> with lots of nasty black grit on them? In bright
> green/yellow/blue?
>
> No.

No fenders?

Peter Cole <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Dane Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> Non-black clothing for winter riding... Possibly slushy,
>> wet, nasty gritty riding? Riding where my tights end up
>> with lots of nasty black grit on them? In bright
>> green/yellow/blue?
>>
>> No.

> No fenders?

Yes actually, full fenders front and back. Which helps a
lot. But when I'm zipping down a curvy hill at a significant
clip in heavy rain (it is Seattle after all (I'm still soggy
from this mornings ride in)), there still is somewhat
significant spray.

I should probably work on adding some better mudflaps...

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"But Huey, you PROMISED!" "Tell 'em I lied."

Peter Cole <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Dane Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>> Non-black clothing for winter riding... Possibly slushy,
>> wet, nasty gritty riding? Riding where my tights end up
>> with lots of nasty black grit on them? In bright
>> green/yellow/blue?
>>
>> No.

> No fenders?

Yes actually, full fenders front and back. Which helps a
lot. But when I'm zipping down a curvy hill at a significant
clip in heavy rain (it is Seattle after all (I'm still soggy
from this mornings ride in)), there still is somewhat
significant spray.

I should probably work on adding some better mudflaps...

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"But Huey, you PROMISED!" "Tell 'em I lied."

"mary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the
> winter. I have been looking in the catalogs (Nashbar,
> Performance) for some more colorful "tights", but they
> all seem to be black.

Not sure why you're looking for "tights" instead of tights,
but if you're willing to think running as opposed to
bicycling (especially since you're wearing them over
shorts), you'll find a wider range of colors.

Right now, sporting goods stores are trying to off-load
their winter merchandise, so you should be able to find some
tights on sale. I was at REI just last week and picked up a
pair of thermal tights on sale. Two years ago, around this
time of year, I got a pair of blue thermal tights in the
running wear section of Sports Authority.

If you'd rather shop on line, put "thermal running tights"
into froogle, and see what you get.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:
Email me re: the new Tiferet CD (http://www.tiferet.net)

mary wrote:

> I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the winter.

Why under? Seems like a real nuisance if you want to take
them off because it warms up.

> I have been looking in the catalogs (Nashbar, Performance)
> for some more colorful "tights", but they all seem to be
> black. I know Henry Ford did not invent bicycle clothing,
> but does anyone know of anyplace that sells more colorful
> "tights."

Try Danskin. They probably have dance belts too.

> I have thought about buying some white long underwear and
> dying them yellow or green, but when I suggest it my wife
> hands me the single's column in the paper.

And rightly so.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus

Originally posted by Mary
I wear "tights" under my regular old shorts in the winter. I
have been looking in the catalogs (Nashbar, Performance) for
some more colorful "tights", but they all seem to be black.
I know Henry Ford did not invent bicycle clothing, but does
anyone know of anyplace that sells more colorful "tights." I
have thought about buying some white long underwear and
dying them yellow or green, but when I suggest it my wife
hands me the single's column in the paper.

Thanks

Tom

Iseem to recall Velowear.com also selling colored tights... At any rate, it's good stuff at a good price.