Winter Cycling

smarthop

Nov 7, 2012
Noticed many cyclists in the city wearing earphones in both ears!! And no high visibility in darker evenings!! Single earphones, Brite Buds and BuDLoKS are available from Amazon at www.farendgearuk.com to improve safety if insist on riding or running to music And Respro Chevron stickers available from www.sportexplorer.co.uk Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: haleylx4
smarthop is selling earbuds. For winter cycling you really need cans.

qdc15 said:
smarthop is selling earbuds. For winter cycling you really need cans.
There's no way anyone is going to have string long enough to transmit music through cans on a ride more than a few hundreds in length.

Reactions: qdc15
Yeah that is funny. You get in your own little world when you do that. It depends upon where you are. They probably have the volume low and want the stereo sound. Music always sounds better in both ears. It can keep your ears warm if you need it. Like if they are a larger headphone.

Well, I seldom ride with either headphones or earphones nowadays. I prefer to be able to listen to any oncoming traffic, especially from the rear. But I'm planning on riding more this coming winter, perhaps I'll get myself a nice pair of cans that will also be able to keep my ears warm.

It really depends where you are riding, if it's in the city it could be tricky but if your are in the country side and there aren't that many cars on the road, what harm could it be.